X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joker797
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2005

Make Poverty History

Was at the Dublin Make Poverty History Rally last night, Gardai (our police) reckon there was about 20,000 people there (not enough if you ask me!).

Anyone else go/going to these Rallies around the world?
    What if the Hokey Kokey IS what it's all about???
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Make Poverty History

no, i refuse to go to these things. in the end i can only control how my life is run, so i just send in my checks to the right places. no offemse but people who ""rally or protest" usually are aggravating the shit out of the locals and the police, trust me, they like overtime, but not enough to deal with annoying people who will push and push to the point of just plain annoyance.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• joker797
      Getting warmed up
      • Jun 2005

That's a pretty broad generalisation there about "these things"..... At the Rally yesterday there was a lot of different political/charity groups, families with kids, yes the usual "New Age" hippie looking types but for the most part normal everyday people.

in the end i can only control how my life is run
      That is just plain untrue. Governments control these things, we in Ireland live in a democracy, and the people decide who vote in the Government. Ireland has recently u-turned on it's decision to contribute 0.7% of GNP towards Aid, and said that a realistic figure for achieving this is 2012, instead of this year. If enough people turned out yesterday, and put enough pressure on the Government, then definitely we would meet that target before 2012......

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

i wasnt insulting them, its just that living in NYC i see it all the time, and i want to kick the people when they get rude and in my face. the republican convention was a true excercise in patience. i found myself ready to punch them, they were just plain aggravating others, not helping thier cause with laying in the streets, holding hands as a barrier when the cops told them to shove off. its just something i stay away from out of personal taste.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Pataky P
          asdf_imo
          • Jun 2004

Thanks the info guys!!

Comment

• joker797
            Getting warmed up
            • Jun 2005

Agreed that people in your face is not a good thing, nobody wants to have an opinion shoved down their throat.

I've only been to a couple of Rallies here in Dublin, 1 against the War in Iraq, and the Make Poverty History one, these 2 were too broad really to have specific groups pushing their own agenda too much. Yes there were different groups at both with different views to mine, but luckily the people handing out leaflets didn't mind too much when I said "No thanks"

Comment

Working...