X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balanc3
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

First Taste of the Hurricane Season

We are finally getting our first taste of this years Hurricane Season, Hurricane Dennis is making his way. I just caught word that Tourists are being asked to evacuate the Florida Keys. This one looks like its gonna stay in the Gulf and head up toward Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia... but it could pull a last minute right turn like Charlie. This storm comes early, since our first 'Cane wasn't until last September. Here's the projected path:

JourneyDeep .into the sound
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

I really wish it would turn west towards Texas. We've been in a drought for like 2 months now. It's drier than Dick Cheney's arteries here.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• rewing3
      I really don't care
      • Jun 2004

Here we go. Lets just hope for the sake of all those people in Fla that this yrs hurricane season is not as bad as last yrs.
      Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• evangelion
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rewing3
        Here we go.
        My thoughts exactly. My city has to run out of luck sometime and get hit. Hopefully it's not this year.

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

even in atlanta we felt the hurricanes last season. my apt complex flooded in the old culdasac we were in. roughly 40 apartments had 12-36 inches of water in them.
          gonna be moving to Tampa at the height of hurricane season this year, so i too am hoping its not as severe as last year.
          :?

Comment

• chuckc
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
            even in atlanta we felt the hurricanes last season. my apt complex flooded in the old culdasac we were in. roughly 40 apartments had 12-36 inches of water in them.
            gonna be moving to Tampa at the height of hurricane season this year, so i too am hoping its not as severe as last year.
            :?

I hope ur right, last year was awful...They are saying it is giong to be worse this year.

Comment

• rewing3
              I really don't care
              • Jun 2004

^ I hope not for all the MS'ers that live down in Fla. You guys went through hell last yr. I can't imagine it being any worse then that. You all could come and live in Ohio. HAHA.
              Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• Balanc3
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

^ I hope not for all the MS'ers that live down in Fla. You guys went through hell last yr. I can't imagine it being any worse then that. You all could come and live in Ohio. HAHA.
                We'll rent a bus and come spend the month with you Rewing. Hope you have enough food, beer, and treats. Might be a while until they restore power at least.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                  Vortexuralizor
                  • Jun 2004

Ohio? no thx. juneau, AK maybe. :wink:

Comment

• evangelion
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
                    They are saying it is giong to be worse this year.
                    I've heard the same. I'm sure it can be worse than last year, but damn, I sure as hell hope it isn't. :?

Comment

• Jibgolly
                      Vortexuralizor
                      • Jun 2004

i have no deep knowledge of this, but didnt weathermen last year say it was gonna be really bad for the next 30 years or so due to some weather change in the arctic?

Comment

• chuckc
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

^ You all could come and live in Ohio. HAHA.
                        I spent 24 years of my life in Ohio......and I will never go back. The winters are awful. Id rather deal with hurricanes then blizzards any day.

Comment

• evangelion
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                          i have no deep knowledge of this, but didnt weathermen last year say it was gonna be really bad for the next 30 years or so due to some weather change in the arctic?
                          It was due to some kind of weather pattern shift. Maybe Hollywood was trying to tell us something with The Day After Tomorrow.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                            Vortexuralizor
                            • Jun 2004

i'd like to tell hollywood a thing or two about that uber piece of flailing dog shaft.

Comment

• Balanc3
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by evangelion
                              Originally posted by chuckc
                              They are saying it is giong to be worse this year.
                              I've heard the same. I'm sure it can be worse than last year, but damn, I sure as hell hope it isn't. :?
                              I heard this as well, I took it as scare tactics since last year was a bad season.

Comment

Working...