X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Nina Kraviz vs Melbourne

There was a trippy relatively slower part that peaked with "Blood on my hands" Villalobos remix and an unreleased Erofeev "Abdumanob" that will be out on Nikita Zabelin"s Resonance label soon. (I was very happy about that particular transition that with the bay view in front of me, the sunset and strong cold wind blowing in my face took me into some other dimension)Just before it got completely dark there was also non-4/4 part with Bjarki's upcoming "Fresh Jive", fucked up beated Eric Martin's "Emergency" and that one track that has been an absolute essential "WHAAAAT???" gem in my recent sets that basically is a very bassy techno yet beatless sonic weapon with a repetitive Russian speech ( not mine) that suddenly for about 1 and a half minutes loses it's own shit speeding up to 155 BPM, changes skin and one amen break into another turns into a proper drum'n'bass or even hardcore (in an old, d'n' b related original definition of this term ) to finally drop the speed almost to 129 and become his normal self- a totally my cup of tea like tune. An absolute gem that is made by a Russian girl Mira aka ISHOME or Shadowax. The tune is called " I want to be a stewardess" and soon to be out on my трип label.
    There was also a proper Ghetto House/electro part with Dj Slugo "Wouldn't you like to be a hoe" ( A track that I have been playing for about 10 years now) and a pussy track by dj Assault. Both tracks were played at their original high speed.
    Last but not least there was also fast, trancy, acid techno part with some classics, unreleased and pretty hard to find tracks including one rare Australian made trance track that mimicries a techno track if served slower.
    I want to hear the set.

Controversy aside, I don't often hear a DJ talk about their sets and I like her articulation of it.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Nina Kraviz vs Melbourne

Originally posted by feather
    https://www.facebook.com/NinaKravizM...472424267678:0

I want to hear the set.

Controversy aside, I don't often hear a DJ talk about their sets and I like her articulation of it.
    Me too !! I have an enormous amount of respect for Nina. She not only put them in their place in a respectful but gave them a brilliant insight into her set.

I have heard so many bad techno sets played by guys, and I do mean bad not just "I didn't Like" , and no one asked for money back
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Kinda surprised at Melbourne though, what's happened to the scene? The set sounds like the stuff Laurent Garnier might play and people in Melbourne always lapped that up. Maybe it was the time of the day too, it was a day-to-evening party.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• go0gle
        Platinum Poster
        • Jan 2007

I wonder if her recent sets are somewhat in line with her upcoming Fabric album..

This is a personal preference, but I am not really into the trend of only playing 30-40 seconds of tracks for hours.. I understand that it works at certain times, but not for the whole set. It's really hard to get any sort of a groove going..

Went to to see Cassy a few months back and.. good music but no flow

Wonder if Nina is going in the same direction

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

My impression was that the set was just too eclectic for the crowd

Comment

• Claire Taurus
            Banned
            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by feather
            I want to hear the set.

My guess, is that it will be a lot less exciting, than it sounds.

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

^^ You cynic you
              Originally posted by TheVrk
              it IS incredible isn't it??
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...