• Show
Clear All
  • unkle
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Mar 2007

Tragedy at BPM festival

Four Dead and 12 Injured After a Shooting at a BPM Festival Closing Party

RA News: Four dead in shooting at BPM Festival closing party in Mexico

Four Dead and 12 Injured After a Shooting at a BPM Festival Closing Party | Thump
  • NastyD
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: Tragedy at BPM festival

Terrible! The first comment says it all

Sad, devastating news. Our deep condolences to all who got harmed. BUT: how can nobody (including this online magazine here) talk about where all this happened? In Mexico basic democratic principles got kicked by drug cartels since years. If somebody is against them and raise their word in public for a better righteous society, they got killed (busses of demonstrating students just disappear like that and never appear again, for instance!). In the first ten months of 2016 there been more than 18.000 homicide victims in Mexico. And the people who do this, whitewash their money partly while doing events and more in the Caribbean side of Mexico. And they sale their bloody coke to the attendees of the parties, too. Sure everywhere nightlife is done partly by shady people and it is used partly to wash dirty money. And all around the world bad greedy folks do harm societies deeply. But here we talk about a whole country where a whole society and its freedom gets threaten by violent cartels right in the public eye without any change since years. And why does no DJ say: I earn a lot of good money all over the year, but I can't play in a country where constantly basic democratic rules are violently harmed by non-governmental groups who are off the record involved in the parties I play. It is not possible that somebody from the outside of Mexico just do a party in Playa Del Carmen or Tulum. You need to have local contacts and you will need to work in some way with one of the cartels (it is said that in the Caribbean side of Mexico the Gulf Cartel rules). In the last years the Mexican state of Quintana Roo was always in the Mexican violence top ten of all 31 Mexican states, so… If dance music could be political, here is a chance. But instead most big DJ names and many who want to be big in the future come and play. And this magazine here hands out their Instagram to DJs, so they can show what nice parties they do in decadent Mexican Caribbean nature places. This is ok, but it is sad to not read any critical aspect. And if somebody now puts the argument on the table, that the Mexican’s have the right to participate on the global dance music culture: that’s absolutely right, but are really mainly Mexican citizen’s going to BPM festival? And please do not involve Islamic terrorism here! And again: our deep condolences to all who got harmed!
    An ounce of image is worth a pound of performance.

Comment

• Claire Taurus
      Banned
      • Jul 2014

How the fuck does anyone get into a club with a gun?

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

"Pech said the incident began when a person entered the Blue Parrot nightclub armed around 3 a.m. (0800 GMT) on Monday morning, during the closing of the festival. Another person tried to stop the person, sparking a gunfight that drew in security staff."

Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Claire Taurus
          How the fuck does anyone get into a club with a gun?
          It's Mexico - during prime party season.

And it was apparently something to do with the drug cartels and the promoters not paying "protection" (or something to that effect).
          Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• jay813
            Platinum Poster
            • May 2005

yeah- don't think bpm will be held in mexico anymore...where else?

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Considering how the promoters will likely have to rebrand, I'm wondering how much this could follow them around.
              Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

Working...