X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: who is more killer Saddam or Bush?

1. i wouldnt say millions. my brother is ARMY and he says its really bad but it aint millions. most iraqi deaths are from the """insurgency""

2. why give handouts when you can use it to improve ur position? i know the thought may be deemed not nice by some, but its common sense. government after all is a business. and frankly, its the only way for countries to work together.

3. i hate sounding cruel, but why didnt the citizens do anything for temselves to get rid of saddam when he did the damage. AND what kind of leader allows his people to starve just to maintain a fearsome foothold upon them
    ---just advocate thoughts. not neccessarily opinion. but trying to be fair. there is a lot more to it than the 3 questions above.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Xessex
      Getting warmed up
      • Apr 2006

I'm not sure what to answer on this one.

For killing as a way of living i should say Saddam. He has obviously been cruel to his very own people.

For the number of deaths i think probably Saddam wins too.

So it should be Saddam.

But what worries me about this topic that Saddam is being lighted again as WORLDS worst dictator. That is what Media and the US wants us to believe. What about the Charles Taylor's and Robert Mugabe's of this world. Mugabe who is still on the lead has probably made more deaths than Saddam. And think of Charles Taylor..somehow it doesn't really seem to bother the people i know that he has been finally captured. Hardly any of my friends know him at all.
      Be as intelligent as you are not!

Comment

• GregWhelan
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

sightless my comment at #1 referred to total US foreign policy not just Iraq. So I'm including Cambodia, Nicaragua, East Timor, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam etc.

You could take the view of 'strengthening your own position' but how strong do you want to be? The US is probably unsurpassable in military spending, technology, weapons etc. It reminds me of the Itchy & Scratchy sketch in the Simpsons where itchy pulls a gun, scratchy a bigger gun, then Itchy a gun thats the size of the US, then Scratchy a gun the size of the world and BANG the whole world is blown up.

We don't know exactly what is happening in Iraw or what happened. It wasn't just a case of Saddam as a sole person who inflicted death. He instructed his army generals etc to do that - and I'm pretty sure if I knew my boss would shoot me if i didn't do what he said i'd probably do what he said.

Comment

• speciale
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by GregWhelan

3. The US supported and helped install Saddam in Iraq.

So there is some comparison. Discuss
          Where did you get that fact? Saddam took over himself and took power from his uncle and then killed anyone he felt was a threat. We only helped him fight Iran who we were also helping fight Iraq.

Saddam is directly responsible for the killing of over 100,000 people. He made the order to kill them. He is also responsible for the largest literacy campaign in the worlds history. Go figure, he wanted everyone to read in his country.

Saddam being directly responsible, he is a killer. Now Bush is no saint. Bush was given a second chance to make some change and he fucked it up. Each day when another Amercian soldier dies or an Iraqi civilian gets killed, I hope Bush pays for it in some way.

BTW, hey sightless, how long has your brother been there?
          Originally posted by Miroslav
          It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
          No Soup for You

Comment

• GregWhelan
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

I cannot remember the exact book (I would have gotten it from the library because it certainly isn't on my shelf) but i do remember reading that the US provided funds to help facilitate Saddam's rise to power, and that they fully supported his intsallation/rise to power.

They also were aware of his poisoning of his own people when it occurred and turned a blind eye - now they use that fact to 'demonise' him in the media.

Comment

• speciale
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Dec 2005

I am pretty sure the US was against saddam taking powere but I am too lazy to look for it.

I still can't believe that saddam is still on trial. just kill the fucker.
              Originally posted by Miroslav
              It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
              No Soup for You

Comment

• GregWhelan
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Taken from 'In The Name of Justice: The Television Reporting of John Pilger' by Anthony Hayward -

'As for the threat of Saddam Hussein used by Britain and the US to justify sanctions, Pilger recounted that the Iraqi dictator had been supported and nurtured by those Western countries, who had an interest in controlling the oil of the region. In 1921, Britain had set up a 'desert monarchy' in Baghdad with a compliant king, but the real power remained in London and the profits of oil continued to flow to the West. A popular nationalist government that took over in 1958 was soon overthrown in a coup engineered by the CIA. The new regime, dominated by the Ba'ath Party, eventually produced a leader in Saddam Hussein, whom Presidents Reagan and Bush courted. Robert Gates, CIA Director between 1991 and 1993, told Pilger that Saddam was known to be a 'thug who had very good ideas about how to perpetuate himself in power'. Said Aburish, author of the biography Saddam Hussein:The Politics of Revenge' said that the dictator could thank the US for helping him to power, keeping him there and providing him with financial aid during the country's war with Iran. 'It's a love-hate relationship' he said.

Sorry that's a bit long, but you get the idea. A certain proof of Saddam's ability to perpetuate power, and confirmation of how he came to be in power with Western funds.

Comment

• Jenks
                  I'm kind of a big deal.
                  • Jun 2004

Comment

• picklemonkey
                    Double hoodie beer monster
                    • Jun 2004

^ "Rock!"

Comment