SALAD TOSSER
    • Jun 2004

suprised you're still into sasha after fundacion was sooooo boring for ya

Comment

• Hambrecht
      Addiction started
      • Aug 2004

Re: sasha interview

actually i will have to admit i have listened to fundacion several more times and i ave reached an honest conclusion

Comment

• sakio pod
        SALAD TOSSER
        • Jun 2004

too bad

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sakio pod
          suprised you're still into sasha after fundacion was sooooo boring for ya
          haha ohh man, no one is gonna let this poor guy ever live that thread down.

from the interview

Originally posted by sasha
          ?I really do believe that electronic music isn?t going anywhere, it has to evolve to survive and there has to be new DJs coming through, there has to be 18 or 19 year old kids behind the decks at clubs and we?re still waiting for that next explosion of DJ?s to come through,? he continues. ?It still seems like the big DJs are all the ones who?ve had a stranglehold on it for quite a while.?
          maybe he should start sharing all the amazing tracks he gets sent with a few young up and comers...pretty hard to get ahead when 10 guys have a strangle hold on all the unreleased stuff out there.

Comment

• Pataky P
            asdf_imo
            • Jun 2004

Yes,yes it is!!

Comment

• Weizy
              MCast Resident DJ
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sasha
              ?I really do believe that electronic music isn?t going anywhere, it has to evolve to survive and there has to be new DJs coming through, there has to be 18 or 19 year old kids behind the decks at clubs and we?re still waiting for that next explosion of DJ?s to come through,? he continues. ?It still seems like the big DJs are all the ones who?ve had a stranglehold on it for quite a while.?
              is sasha fucking out of his mind? more people are DJing now than ever. in minneapolis alone we must have over 100 DJs vying for the same gigs...

Comment

• picklemonkey
                Double hoodie beer monster
                • Jun 2004

thx the picture weizy! very beautifyl!

Comment

• supaz
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night

maybe he should start sharing all the amazing tracks he gets sent with a few young up and comers...pretty hard to get ahead when 10 guys have a strangle hold on all the unreleased stuff out there.
                  Totally agree on this...one has to seperate themselves from the pack to stand out. The only real way to do that is either have a connection to the 'source' (Balance Record Pool) or produce.

Comment

• rewing3
                    I really don't care
                    • Jun 2004

Interesting point that sasha brings up. But I think the main reason there are no younger djs coming through the ranks is b/c promoter don't them give the chance. I know if I decided to start playing out all the time it is almost damn near impossible to find a gig but then again I also live in toledo too. So that has a lot to do with it.
                    Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• supaz
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Weizy
                      more people are DJing now than ever. in minneapolis alone we must have over 100 DJs vying for the same gigs...
                      ...and I'm sure they all have the same records that are on the walls of the local record shops or the 'top sellers' on Release, etc.

and I bet they're willing to play for free to get their name out there...which only benefits the owners/promoters of these venues. DILUTION.

People need to produce and be able to bring something to the table for the powers that be. Nowadays, everyone wants to dj.

Comment

• chuckc
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Skrufff: Do you go to record shops still?

Sasha: ?I still buy loads of vinyl. 70% of the music I buy is still on vinyl, but things are definitely changing in that direction because of the download sites available these days. ?

Wow I am surprised by that statement....I still buy 100% vinly unless it is a comp.

Comment

• shosh
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2004

yes i love sasha

Comment

• asautto
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • May 2005

Tks for the link

Comment