X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deepak Sharma
    Getting warmed up
    • Nov 2004

Hidden@Europa,Richmond VA w/Deepak Sharma&Jeff McGrath 7.29

Join resident Jeff McGrath at Europa on Friday July 29th for a wild bash as he invites down Deepak Sharma from New York for a special night of music and fun. Deepak's released CD, "Boogaloo. Brooklyn 3:23pm" has received strong praise worldwide and has been reviewed in magazines such as De:bug, DJ Times, URB, Remix, and BPM. It's a smooth blend of minimal techno and atmospheric tech house. There will be promo copies available along with hidden t-shirts for purchase.

?One of the finest mix CD?s that I?ve heard in long time.?
    - Thaddeus Hermann, De:Bug Magazine

?Over the span of 14 tracks culled from labels all over the world, Sharma indulges us in some of the most pristine minimal techno we?ve heard in ages. This is mandatory late-night listening. Not since Terry Francis Architecture series has a mix compilation explored the realm of tech-house so well.?
    - Big Shot Magazine

?This trippy slice of head-music mixed by Deepak Sharma should treat you right.?
    - BPM Magazine

?Atmospheric mix-comp with enough taut basslines and crackling beats to move you.?
    - DJ Times

?You get the feeling from the songs selected, that this is a DJ who feels the rhythm in his bones.?
    - Groovetickets.com

?Whether a night on the town or a night in the bedroom, Sharma provides a more than ideal soundtrack for the most meaningful moments of our insanity-inducing modern lives?we are cordially invited into his land of lush instrumentation and heart-beat-tempo percussive bass-lines, where we are encouraged to allow our uniquely inventive imaginations to go noticed! Let your mind go, let your hips flow, and let the beauty in you show...pass it on.?
    - Getunderground.com

?Deepak Sharma?s comp of midtempo tech house pulls influences from across the globe and gives a voice to producers still not well-known stateside.?
    - Remix Magazine

?With stripped down techno and tech-house, Sharma brings the party down gently. This is one for the ride home after a long, long night.?
    - URB Magazine

?A remarkably subtle and lush aural journey?Deep in all the right ways, forward-thinking fans of electronic music should make the effort to seek out this exceptional disc.?
    - Dancemusic.com

?A mesmerizing trip and seamlessly weaved.?
    - 365Mag.com

?Lush and Soothing?
    -Time Out New York

?Darkly beautiful soundscape of edgy beats and blips to chill you out after a heavy night.?
    - Night Magazine, UK

?I really enjoyed it. A very cool blend of moodier slower deep stuff. Very cool.?
    - John Tejada

?I?m really digging this?I think this is a style that?s missing in mix CD?s and that this is a good niche you are carving out for yourself. Great work.?
    - Jeff Samuel

?The mix is very nice!!!! Your CD is a statement for me?respect!?
    - Gabriel Ananda

?Love the mix! Nice choice of cuts!?
    -Broker / Dealer

?I put it on my ipod. Very nice work.?
    - Paolo Mojo

?Slick Chillness.?
    - Tyler Stadius

*Also reviewed in German magazines Raveline, Partysan and Beam Me Up.
    **Also reviewed in Clubbingspain.com

Jeff McGrath has held this residency every Friday for nearly two years playing to a packed house - expect this night to be wall to wall!!! Come check out one of the countries best kept secrets and one of the best parties in the Richmond / DC area.

Doors at 10pm

Deepak Sharma (hidden, NYC)

www.organised-djs.com (more info forthcoming, stay tuned!!)

Jeff McGrath (hidden, Europa)
    www.hidden-recordings.com
Working...