X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daveman
    I love the colors!!!
    • Jul 2005

Re: do not consent to being searched

as an answer to where are these searches are taking place....

yes it is in the subways just before you enter past the turnstyle. very busy very public places. in NJ for example searches are done just outside the train stops heading toward the city.

there has been an insentive added by the transit authority and the city of NY. if you are searched you can get a free ride on the subway. sounds good, but most of the people asked about it on the news the other night were more upset with people getting free rides than people getting searched. the cost of the subway has gone up by a little recently and people are getting upset that people will ride for free. people feel that it will be abused by people with large bags everyday, and that the costs will push the cost of the subway up again.

i feel that the searches are more or less pointless, and now that people know how they work you can work around it. the point of the searches in my mind is to give the illusion that all is being done to twart future terrorist acts. it makes people feel safer and gives people a sence of being patriotic after they come out of the line clean. i can't help but look at it as another way the goverment is testing the water of what people will tolerate. our freedom comes as a right to refuse. just leave that station and walk the 150 feet to the next one. afterall not all of them are being checked the cost of screening all the sub stops and trains coming in and out of NYC is way to much. expecially after W and the boys decided that states like Wyoming (nothing against wyoming) needs as much security money as NY. who will cover the costs. you will in your taxes, now thats patriotism.
    once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

Working...