X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davetlv
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

An interesting read. . .

Found this interesting, to say the least. . . .

Enjoy, digest, discuss. . . .

• Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: An interesting read. . .

For the first time I've read something by this guy that might have a point...

There is a 'but' however: if we are to pull back and stop financing those people that want to develop the Middle East, I'm afraid we'll leave the sheep to the wolves. Even in democratic countries the extremist population is using violence to get their ways, and without the support of the US and Europe the moderate govts might prove incapable of combatting those forced. I think it is a real possibility that for instance Iraq would be seized by extremists if the coalition forces were to pull out too soon.

I would like to see investigated how many of the governments that are in place now are actually barring extremists from seizing power and using state resources to fincance a real holy war.
    I'm not saying this is ideal, but I'm also thinking it might even be worse without what we've done so far...
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...