X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Telesur

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

And I cannot believe the American govt. actually passed a law which makes it possible to even broadcast more in Latin-America! Latin-American channels are already underrepresented over there...WTF?? Don't they have a right to get something domestic going over there...?

US is afraid of Telesur braodcasting anti-american propaganda...yeah, as if those commercial-infested American channels are a real alternative...sheesh....
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Telesur

Last week the House of Representatives voted to enable the US administration to begin broadcasting its own TV signals to Venezuela.

The US plan is intended to counter what it called anti-US propaganda.
    How about if, rather than running an information campaign, we quit doing the things that inspire anti-American sentiments in the first place?

I know it's not that easy or cut and dry, of course, but I do think this is somewhat indicative of the attitude that has put us where we are in the eyes of the world right now...

Comment

• eye-p
      Getting Somewhere
      • May 2005

Originally posted by toasty
      Last week the House of Representatives voted to enable the US administration to begin broadcasting its own TV signals to Venezuela.

The US plan is intended to counter what it called anti-US propaganda.
      How about if, rather than running an information campaign, we quit doing the things that inspire anti-American sentiments in the first place?

I know it's not that easy or cut and dry, of course, but I do think this is somewhat indicative of the attitude that has put us where we are in the eyes of the world right now...

But I thought they hate us for our freedom? /sarcasm/
      Peak Oil

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Spot on Toasty...it just feels so wrong, one country actually trying to prevent another form having it's own sphere of influence, indeed, influence over it's own people!! IMO one of the most hypocrytic acts to date man.

all this talk about respecting each other's sovereignty, but in the end it's all smooth talk to cover up the real attitude.
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...