X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannygraham
    Getting Somewhere
    • Apr 2004

Danny Graham & Chris Cowie - Mercury Sessions - 3.8.05

Wednesday is the launch of my new show 'Punch Funk' on Mercury Sessions which is taking over from where 'UK Underground' left off.
    Punch Funk is one of the most talked about nights in England right now. Starting off a little over a year ago by head honchos Chris Vaux, Simon Blann and Dave Hawkins we have gone from filling humble 150 capacity clubs too, moving too a 400 capacity venue, before celebrating our birthday in a 2000 capacity Opera House with major players from the techno scene like Valentino Kanzyani, Funk D'Void and Trevor Rockcliffe helping us to celebrate.
    Our new label is due to launch any day soon with the first release by Jon Gurd. His double header 'Lemon Sherbert/Funk Shui' has been causing a massive stir with all the main players with Hernan Cattaneo playing 'Lemon Sherbert' at Godskitchen's Global Gathering and Sander Kleinenberg licensing the track for his forthcoming compilation. The second release scheduled is by Rob Mooney with his double A side 'Feelin Electro/I Am The Sender'. People may recognise Rob from James Zabiela's latest Renaissance compilation where 'Feelin Electro' is featured. Fergie has also played this track on Radio 1. Further material is set for release from the superb PJ Davy and Dave Robertson.

Check out our website for pics from all of our parties as well as news on forthcoming events and there's our DJ agency too where you can book special guests Phil Kieran & Trevor Rockcliffe as well as the Punch Funk crew - Chris Vaux & Simon Blann (Upper Cut), Myself, Jon Gurd, Dave Robertson and PJ Davy.

THIS WEEKS RADIO SHOW

Chris Cowie is undoubtedly one of the most licensed and prolific DJ producers in the world dance scene, with an uncountable number of tracks on hundreds of compilations of all genres from Tec House compilations to some of the most groundbreaking Techno compilations. Dj's from all genres of dance music have used his tracks on their mix CD's. From Jeff Mills, Laurent Garnier, to Danny Tennaglia, Carl Cox, and Paul Oakenfold.
    The diversity and appeal of cowie's music is obvious. He has recorded and released around 150 12" solo releases under many aliases during his career and continues to release quality productions on many labels. He has also collaborated on tracks with many Dj's which has culminated to around 45 releases such as Percy X, Christopher lawrence, Havanna, San, and DJ Lucca to name but a few.

Described as "The Master Of funk Techno" by Carl Cox, Cowie simply keeps pushing his own barriers when DJ'ing or in the studio.
    There is no doubt that Chris Cowies ability to adapt and change to the ever changing dance scene is undoubtedly one of his strengths. Now Chris has dropped all the aliases and exclusively dj's and produces under his own name, pushing his unique sound around the globe..... He has performed across the world from Russia and China to Australia and the US.

Cowie as a DJ has embraced the new technology available to forward thinking Dj's. He recently switched from playing vinyl and Final Scratch to using the Highly Acclaimed Ableton Live software. "I was tired of the linearity aspect of vinyl. What I do now with most tracks I play is edit and remix them which hopefully gives my set a more personal sound and is unique to me. .

Chris Cowie's achievements are too much to mention here. Two of his solo albums, Chris Cowie 'Best Behaviour', and Vegas Soul 'Pure' were voted best albums of the year in many UK magazines. His 'Pure' Album came 6th place out of 100 in the Highly Acclaimed UK Dance MUZIK MAGAZINE Awards.
    This album was only beaten by huge acts such as 'The Chemical brothers' "Underworld' "leftfield", Daft Punk and 'Moby'. He was also nominated for the highly prized BBC Radio One Essential Mix of the year along with 5 other DJ's all of which are massive names in the dance scene. "I didn't win, the honors went to a joint back to back Dj set with Sasha and Darren Emerson which is hard tag team to beat. But I was very happy to be nominated"

"Without Chris Cowie, I wouldn't sound half as good as I do. He is pure genius"- Danny Tenaglia

"Cowie is the master of Funk Techno"
    - Carl Cox

"Definitely Funky As Hell"
    - laurent Garnier

"Cowie's Best Behaviour Album Is A Classic must have"
    - Ministry Of Sound Magazine

Booking - kim@djagency.cz

My Tracklist:

01. Nick Dare - True Love (DJ Tool) - Reform.
    02. Clan-S & Slonage - Lemi (Davis & Kaler Remix) - Ku De Ta.
    03. Carlos Lopez & John "Ender" Rios - Tonight - Wallop.
    04. In Grid - Shock (Midnight Society Remix) - Loop 128.
    05. Inkfish & David West - Red Rose, Black Rose - CDR.
    06. Rick Pier O' Neil - Asia - Garbage.
    07. Zimbardo & Woody - Is That This - Factor 10.
    08. Ali Kay - Progression - Sireneum.
    09. Mr Free - Thankyou For Everything - Distinto.
    10. Latin Players - Tribal Attack - Congos.
    11. Frank Garcia - Dangerous - Drum Central.
    12. Matt Di Maria featuring Flipside - Freak The Frequency (Antoine Clamaran Remix) - Reinvenant.

Danny Graham - Punch Funk
    Every Wednesday
    12-2pm EST, 5-7pm GMT
  • dannygraham
    Getting Somewhere
    • Apr 2004

Re: Danny Graham & Chris Cowie - Mercury Sessions - 3.8.05

Comment

• TomTom
      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
      • May 2002

Come on guys...you argue 10 pages long about a faked Digweed set but have no time to welcome a new real show? :? If you don't start to voice your opinions more clearly we will never know what to improve and what you really like. The whole radio station can't live without your feedback and it`s more than dissapointing for the artists to see their informal postings go back to page 3 without a single reply and to see the random list threads on top of the Page all the time. I am not telling you guys what you have to do as this is your choice only but knowing how much work is put into the radio station from the artists and the Mercurynation Team just makes me sad when I see such a low level of interest.

//end of rant

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

I agree, we're spending nearly $200 per month on the radio for you guys to enjoy and the least you guys can do is offer support, not only to the radio station but also the artists who are none other than your friends on the forums.....

-e-
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Pataky P
          asdf_imo
          • Jun 2004

Many thanks the great Information,and the link!!I like it!

Comment

• Kinetic
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Well, I?ll sure as hell at least try to tune in (I?ll probably be at work so that might not be too easy)!

Chris Cowie is a guy from whom I?ve listened to very few sets, but what I?ve heard, I liked a lot. Different from the usual prog stuff around here, but quality is quality and this guy brings it in large doses.

Also, not only is he a great DJ, he also seems to be a great guy. He occasionally posts on the Ableton forum, and he?s the guy who came up with the fastest and most reliable method to warp a track in Ableton Live!

Major props for sparing me and other Ableton users a lot of time!

Finally, I?d like to ask, in case I can?t listen to this show, how can I get my grubby mits on it?
            "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
            http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Finally, I?d like to ask, in case I can?t listen to this show, how can I get my grubby mits on it?
              that is an EXCELLENT question, to all those who would like to listen to DJ's of your choices but are unable to tune in to them, please feel free to post a request for it in GYY and a team member will be more than happy to set it up as a download for you.

-e-
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Kinetic
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Encryption
                that is an EXCELLENT question, to all those who would like to listen to DJ's of your choices but are unable to tune in to them, please feel free to post a request for it in GYY and a team member will be more than happy to set it up as a download for you.

-e-
                Cool beans! I?ll probably do that this weekend if I?m unable to tune in tomorrow.
                "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• dannygraham
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Apr 2004

Nice one for the support there guys! Much appreciated!

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

no worries bro, we NEED to get the message out to the peeps who say they love the music and support the DJs as much as they can...

-e-
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• dannygraham
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Apr 2004

Yeah I couldn't agree more mate. The station has the potential to be huge! Just needs a bit of support and promotion!

Comment

Working...