X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bululu
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Munich on the 13 th of AUG??

I am going to be in Munich on Sat the 13 th , actually I am going from Geneva to Zurich on the 12th to see Underworld and then we said me and my friend since Munich is only 300 km away from Zurich to continue and spend the day of the 13 th there , my question is there any tips on nice clubs in Munich , extra info would be much appreciated sine it will my first time visiting that city , cheers to all our German members and waiting for your answers .
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

On the 18th August, Felix da Housecat plays in The Garden in Munich and on August 21, Sander K plays in the Volksgarten in Munich but this info is pretty useless for you I guess. :P I hardly go to Munich for clubbing but I can post you a few info sites but they are all in German so I don't know if that's an option for you.

Comment

• Pataky P
      asdf_imo
      • Jun 2004

Re: Munich on the 13 th of AUG??

Have a nice way to Munich!!

Comment

• Bululu
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

TomTom german is not my language , I only speak little so i think it will be of no use , if you can just tell me about some good clubs where its cool to get in in jeans and sneakers and where they play good music , i am sure Munich has a few.
        thanks for the help man .

Comment

• TomTom
          • May 2002

But one question, why the Hell are you leaving Z?rich on the 13th August? The Street parade starts on August 13th and though the music may not be what you listen to normally, it?s a hell of a Party. Check for more info here: http://www.streetparade.ch/05/en/home_en.htm

Comment

• Bululu
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

I know tomtom , I am leaving because I ve already seen this party last year and we just had the Lake Parade in Geneva two weeks ago , so I have the chance to go visit munich so I decided togo, and yes music is so shitty during these parades , so any club names ?????????

Comment

• TomTom
              • May 2002

I have no idea as I never did clubbing in Munich so far but I have asked around on a German board...will keep you posted.

Comment

• TomTom
                • May 2002

Comment

• krelm
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2004

I've been to Munich a couple times, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert. What I remember....

We went once to the Barcode. It was a decently cool club, but the night was a special party so I don't know if it is normally good. It's also sort of out of the way from the main downtown area.

The last time I was in the city, I played at some place called "The Labor". It was a tiny basement club, but I really dug the space. A friend of mine does an after-hours thing there on Sunday afternoons, but I don't know which week of the month it is.

Another Sunday after-hours club is in a place called "Backstage". The one time I went, the music was atrocious, the DJs couldn't mix to save their lives, but there was a huge crowd going off completely. It is one of those places that is interesting to see once, but I would be pissed if I had to pay.

There is a whole area full of big clubs called the Kultfabrik or something like that. It's really famous, so you should be able to ask at your hotel/hostel and get info. It's pretty commercial, but there is a lot to do there.

Avoid P1 like the plague. It's very "exclusive" which means they only let in people who dress a certain way and look like they have a lot of money.

That's pretty much it - just find a city magazine or ask somebody where you are staying once you are there and maybe you can find something cool.
                  Broken Symmetry on mcast.mercuryserver.com

www.krelmatrix.com - archives & mixes
                  www.myspace.com/satansfluffer - general tomfoolery

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
                  - Stimutacs

Comment

Working...