Re: KISS 100 8-6-05

who'd like to get their hands on john's laptop say i
    i have a girlfriend . . . FOR REAL!

Comment

• asdf_admin
      i use to be important
      • Jun 2004

I still think he does a wonderful job. I would miss him if you did not have his weekly show. Perhaps this year is just a slow year. Sasha was in that phase last year, I think it it the same for John. He sure can pull some records out of the bag.
      dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Kinetic
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
        Originally posted by skahound
        Originally posted by chuckc
        He hasnt pleased me in 2 years with his kiss show
        To beat a dead horse even further, I don't think his goal is to put out a mind-blowing 60 minute mix each week. IMO it can't be done.

I DIDNT SAY EVERYWEEK....but damn man cant he just put out one Freaking good live set on his show?

JUst one???
        Well, this was probably his definition of a good liveset nowadays. I?m actually enjoying it.

I think this discussion is useless, at this moment...I?m sure he can bang out wicked dark prog sets as soon as he feels like it, he?s just into different stuff nowadays...I mean, his favourite label now is Kompakt, that?s where his heart is at. We either follow it or not, not much use in crying about that, and it?s probably a perfect reason to try and listen to fresh new talent.

What is discussable for me though, is why Sasha seems to have made his transistion to a different style a lot better than Digweed, but that?s for another topic, which I?m not going to start.

Carry on...
        "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
        http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kinetic
          he?s just into different stuff nowadays...I mean, his favourite label now is Kompakt, that?s where his heart is at.
          I have it on very good advisement that this, in fact, is not the case.
          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• asdf_admin
            i use to be important
            • Jun 2004

What is discussable for me though, is why Sasha seems to have made his transistion to a different style a lot better than Digweed, but that?s for another topic, which I?m not going to start.
            it is strange to be any type of artist. esp. when you have a large passion for what you do and set really high expectations. some times you hit this phase called "burned out", for some reason when a artist hits that phase can be very destructive. it is the internal desire to break though ... we have this phrase "what we touch turns into gold" and sometimes there is a long lost streak that never seems to dry or even never seems to be right. as an artist you must continue. it happens to anyone that is pure and has their heart in the right place. you can ask most artists.

a great thing "they" (digweed, sasha, etc) can not do is take a break. step away and reflect. it is as important as the creation itself. to think. to reflect.

final answer.
            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

Comment

• Kinetic
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
                  Originally posted by Kinetic
                  he?s just into different stuff nowadays...I mean, his favourite label now is Kompakt, that?s where his heart is at.
                  I have it on very good advisement that this, in fact, is not the case.
                  Now you got me curious.

Well, that was what he stated in an advertisement for Allen & Heath, there was a bunch of other stuff, like his favourite movie, which is Blade Runner, for example.
                  "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                  http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• GregWhelan
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

I genuinely think dj's like sasha and digweed analyse the music as much as we do, and as much as we think they do.

I sincerely believe sasha etc hear a tune and think 'thats a good tune, i'll play that out for a few weeks'.

I dont think they are trying to find the new sound etc I think the producers are responsible for that - after all they are the ones that dictate what is available to play, not the dj.

p.s - thought digweeds last 2 sets have been very good - the 1st track this week and track 6 are brilliant

Comment

• BarneyIllfingas
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

I was at the Pawnshop gig and it was one of the best club night's I have ever been to. It was probably the first time in seven live sets that I thought I got the full Digweed experience.

I may be wrong, but I think I'm pretty accurate by saying that this is most likely within this first hour of the set. Now as I said before, I hope we get to hear more of it, because then you'll hear how this hour sets the tone for some really dirty, driving sh!t that totally blew all of us away. It's all about direction within the whole, and this set definitely went somewhere from this hour right till the end. I predict that if we get it all, you'll look back at this hour and say "ah i get it now." That's what makes DJs like John Digweed - the best, whether his sound is your style or not. And for the record, most often Digweed doesn't spin what I'm most into.

Making harsh comments on one-fifth of an entire set is totally ridiculous. You say he's playing sh!t, I say your full of it.
                      WHAT'S GOING DOWN
                      IN OUR UNDERGROUND
                      bringthebeats

Comment

• skahound
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BarneyIllfingas
                        You say he's playing sh!t, I say your full of it.
                        +1

Comment

• devon
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

i was there and this is kinda early in his set. the night was stellar but the sound at that club was a little harsh. like i said before i remember about 4 o'clock in the morning the bombs started dropping.
                          i really wish the floor would stop moving!

Comment

• chato
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

i find this part of the set fckingcredible... anyone knows where to find the rest of the set? anyone has it on slsk maybe?
                            ...enjoy every single second

Comment

• dasbooyah
                              Addiction started
                              • Aug 2005

i was occasionally getting chillz from that set. there were some parts of that mix that sounded like the old bedrock.
                              "...this is how i like to dj, i just like playing the good stuff."
                              -Digweed

Comment

• tiddles
                                Encryption, Jr.
                                • Jun 2004

my favorite label is Impulse!, they have some good stuff

Comment

Working...