• Jun 2004

Re: KISS 100 8-6-05

Comment

• BarneyIllfingas
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sono
      this was a S**t set, i don't know why u lot are hyping it up so much!
      dude this isn't a set. there's 4.5 more hours to this set. and if you get to hear more it and don't like it, then you don't like john digweed's music and you should have never opened this thread.
      WHAT'S GOING DOWN
      IN OUR UNDERGROUND
      bringthebeats

Comment

• BarneyIllfingas
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

super slick mix from luke this week too

WHAT'S GOING DOWN
        IN OUR UNDERGROUND
        bringthebeats

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BarneyIllfingas
          dude this isn't a set.
          Amen. And as soon as people realize that his Kiss 'sets' are not 'sets' but 'mixes' of new releases, we'll eliminate about 1/2 of the posts on this board.
          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• GregWhelan
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Guys can anyone give me clarity on the set.Here is the TL i have put together(using this board and other sources):

2.Phonique & Alexander East-99 and a half (I:Cube mix)
            4.DJ Hell & BRM - Je Regrette Everything (Superpitcher)
            5.Soul Mekanik - 27/05/81
            6. Unknown
            7.Unknown
            8.Tim Davison, Bajwa & Dale Anderson - The More I Know (Paul Rogers mix)
            9.Abysm - Future Love
            10.Trentemoller-Beta Boy
            11.Unknown(Only about 50 secs of this was played though)

Now I think that after the hell track there are 2 tracks (soul mekanik and another one) - i listened again last night and i think digweed mixes track 6 in after about 4 mins of track 5.UNLESS the soul mekanik tune is about 11 minutes long - can anyone confirm?

Also track 7 has the vocals from up in flames,but in a robotic voice - a new remix?

Comment

• chuckc
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
              dude this isn't a set.
              Amen. And as soon as people realize that his Kiss 'sets' are not 'sets' but 'mixes' of new releases, we'll eliminate about 1/2 of the posts on this board.
              I thought this was part of a live set?? I know there 4.5 hours left of this set...but this was also part of his set right?? I guess he has to play the average parts of his live sets to match his quality "new releseses" that he unleashes week after week on his kiss shows....quality stuff imo....lets hype digweed up some more...

Comment

• sono
                Gold Gabber
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
                dude this isn't a set.
                I thought this was part of a live set?? I know there 4.5 hours left of this set...but this was also part of his set right?? I guess he has to play the average parts of his live sets to match his quality "new releseses" that he unleashes week after week on his kiss shows....quality stuff imo....lets hype digweed up some more...
                kind of funny how moderators like skahound and jenks, over-analyse his shows trying to distinguish between kiss sets and mixes. The bottom line is that he plays records so Set or no set, what he played this week was S***!

...and it's really stupid asking for intelligent comments on a random kiss show, i ain't going as low as you and starting talking about some kiss mix or mixes. If you think your comments are intelligent then get a life...seriously.

Comment

• Jenks
                  I'm kind of a big deal.
                  • Jun 2004

Sono...

re: your comment "moderators like skahound and jenks over analyze digweed's kiss shows..."

i don't even listen to digweed you asshat.

i may have skimmed through MAYBE one of his kiss sets all year.

in fact, i think the only thing i've downloaded from MS this year is Habersham's kiss mix.

so, what are you talking about again?

Comment

• skahound
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sono
                    kind of funny how moderators like skahound and jenks, over-analyse his shows trying to distinguish between kiss sets and mixes
                    If commenting and elaborating on something is considered over-analyzation then I'll be glad to be labeled as such. Forgive me for providing a little more substance than 'Digweed's mix is S**T!'

Comment

• chuckc
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

EASY NOW FELLAS......I got to admit I was dissapointed in his pick of his Live set that he dug out of his pile of sets that he has recordeded.

He even said "its been a while since i have played a live set on my show"

Come on diggers couldnt you have found a better "live set" out of that large pile than the one that u played on your show this week...I am just disapointed....wouldnt call it sh*t but it seems like he never plays any jaw dropping sets on his show anymore....Dont the fans deserve it?

Comment

• skahound
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jun 2004

Dont the fans deserve it?
                        IMO the fans got it. This mix was a very well put together mix. I'm sure John is aware that he is never going to make everyone happy (especially you Charlie ). I'm a fan and I was impressed.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                          i use to be important
                          • Jun 2004

Jenks I heard John Digweed when I pranked called your house the other day. liar imo.
                          dead, yet alive.

Comment

• chuckc
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Skahound wrote:

"this is a very well put together mix"

.....I cant believ you guys are so satisfied with the stuff he puts out there....Keep kissen his ass cuz thats waht he likes....So keep emeiling him with all the positive feedback...

He hasnt put out a good set on his kiss show in years......I have all his older kiss sets archived if anyone wants to hear a quality digweed set.

by the way ska it doesnt take much to make me happy...just good music....and digweed has disappointed me for the past 2 years becuase he rearely releases a quality kick ass set....

come on now joe would poeple like sono say his set sounded like shit if it was a quality unbeleivable set????

Comment

• skahound
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jun 2004

I guess you forgot how digweed sounded lets say from 1999-2003??? hugh joe?
                              Nope, not at all. But much like Digweed, I've evolved. My tastes have changed slightly (especially since I stopped getting fubar every week).

He hasnt pleased me in 2 years with his kiss show
                              To beat a dead horse even further, I don't think his goal is to put out a mind-blowing 60 minute mix each week. IMO it can't be done. He needs at least 4 hours to work his magic and an hour each week on the radio isn't going to get that done. Not to mention that you could hear the same set over the radio and in a club and it will sound completely different - that goes for all DJs!

Keep kissen his ass cuz thats waht he likes
                              I don't kiss anyone's ass, I just tell it like it is. And personally, I don't think that's what he likes. Digweed seems like a very humble, quiet guy and not someone that thrives on attention (at least that's the impression that I get).

....So keep emeiling him with all the positive feedback...
                              Never have and probably never will. He doesn't need people emailing him because his shows are forever packed with people willing to pay good money to see him.

Comment

• chuckc
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

He hasnt pleased me in 2 years with his kiss show
                                To beat a dead horse even further, I don't think his goal is to put out a mind-blowing 60 minute mix each week. IMO it can't be done.

I DIDNT SAY EVERYWEEK....but damn man cant he just put out one Freaking good live set on his show?

JUst one???

Comment

Working...