Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re:: Why americans dont like football!!!

Originally posted by Musical Journey
    Oh you guys, you`re never going to agree one way or the other. We like football and the Yanks like dressing up in big costumes and throwing the football, yes thats a football to each other. One day i`m sure they will come to love the beautifull game but untill then lets just enjoy it ourselves.
    RIGHT!

<<<<<< thats all you need to know about football.. threelions!

Comment

• Morgan
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Neo
      Originally posted by Hybrex
      I think most americans dont have the patience to sit by the tv for 2x45 mins without a break.

Hybrex
      I think your brain is an icicle. What I have no patience for is people who think all American's are fat lazy people.
      I have even less patience for people who react like you did, if anyone has an opinion you don?t agree with you call them an asshole and then run off to find a gun to blow them away with. Childish me thinks. Grow up and respect an opinion, or maybe provide some evidence as to why all amercians aren?t fat and lazy and in your case ignorant.
      "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• ziggy
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

I'll decide this one folks. You cant judge a sport after watching a few games even if you understand it. You need to know the teams, players, and most of all root for a team in that sport. While I was growing up in Europe, Soccer was my life. Now after getting into american football, hockey and baseball, I can honestly say (and it took me a while to say this) that they are more entertaining and thats why soccer will never be more popular in the US. The reason that Soccer is such a global sport is that its the least expensive to play. All you need is a ball and 4 sticks.

Comment

• beto
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ziggy
          I'll decide this one folks. You cant judge a sport after watching a few games even if you understand it. You need to know the teams, players, and most of all root for a team in that sport. While I was growing up in Europe, Soccer was my life. Now after getting into american football, hockey and baseball, I can honestly say (and it took me a while to say this) that they are more entertaining and thats why soccer will never be more popular in the US. The reason that Soccer is such a global sport is that its the least expensive to play. All you need is a ball and 4 sticks.
          Four sticks and one ball are more expensive than one stick and a smaller ball?

It's not a matter of money... Sure... a full hockey gear is expensive, but no one starts a sport going to the store and buying the full gear. Kids don't start playing a sport because they can afford it, they do it because they like it.

In my case, I enjoy playing soccer and rugby. American football is alright, but I prefer rugby, it's more dynamic and everybody has to dominate to some level the same skills (running, tackling, passing, kicking), and the players don't dance around like idiots everytime they tackle someone

Comment

• ziggy
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by beto
            It's not a matter of money... Sure... a full hockey gear is expensive, but no one starts a sport going to the store and buying the full gear. Kids don't start playing a sport because they can afford it, they do it because they like it.
            Kids in africa and other places cant play hockey and baseball even with the minimum requirements, but they can always play soccer.

Comment

• beto
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

"africa" is pretty big... some places do have soccer teams, others don't. South Africa for example is rugby all the way...

Any kid witha stick and a small ball can play baseball, if they don't is just because that sport isn't known worldwide (or it's plain boring for the rest of the people :wink: ).

Comment

• ziggy
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by beto
                "africa" is pretty big... some places do have soccer teams, others don't. South Africa for example is rugby all the way...

Any kid witha stick and a small ball can play baseball, if they don't is just because that sport isn't known worldwide (or it's plain boring for the rest of the people :wink: ).
                You right. for kids playing baseball with a stick and a small ball is boring. You need more than that.

Comment

• Neo
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Morgan
                  I have even less patience for people who react like you did, if anyone has an opinion you don?t agree with you call them an asshole and then run off to find a gun to blow them away with. Childish me thinks. Grow up and respect an opinion, or maybe provide some evidence as to why all amercians aren?t fat and lazy and in your case ignorant.
                  Exactly why would I have to defend that my whole country isn't a bunch of fat lazy people. So what you are saying is that we ARE a bunch of fat, lazy people and that the FEW who aren't I have to defend. I don't go around saying anything about another country. This is stereotypical and unfair to all those who work hard. You're more ignorant now than I if you say that I have to defend my whole country AND PROVIDE EVIDENCE that we are not fat, lazy people. Shows how small you actually think and just how ignorant you think. And dipshit did you actually read this thread at all. I have respected all opinions, but quite frankly this is not an opinion I need to accept. Stereotyping is not an opinion. It's ignorance and all I was doing was pointing this out.
                  And as far the gun goes, everyone uses this on the forums or else they wouldn't be on here but yet I'm the immature one.

Originally posted by Hybrex
                  I clearly stated that most americans and not all americans didn?t have the patience.Hybrex
                  Sorry man but that's not how it came across to me. It didn't really need to be said now did it?

Comment

• razvan
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Forget football ... soccer ...
                    and all the other boring sports

This is the coolest game ever... Very complex but yet vey easy to play:

I give you the Romanian Sotron:

"I don't know what will be used in the next world war, but the 4th will be fought with stones."

Comment

• Morgan
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

And dipshit did you actually read this thread at all.
                      Yes i did siree bob. You rise so easily to the bait. :wink:

I?m mature enough to know that the vast majority of Americans are slim and trim. Even though you have to admit that statisically the USA is easliy one of the most obese nations in the world.

So chill out and don?t choke on your supersize maccy Donalds.

Anyhow back to the topic, do you think the USA will ever be any good at Soccer?
                      "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• rubyraks
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Morgan
                        First of all, I'd like to say that I am American, I'm not fat and lazy and I am an absolute football (soccer) fanatic. It is the only sport that I really watch. I will admit though that this may have to do with my father being Israeli and football being the only sport that we watched and played.

Now to answer your question, you can't actually be serious about that one. I believe the US has shown, especially in the last world cup, that they can play a very good game. A few calls the other way and they would've beaten Germany and been in the semifinals. As for their talent, they finally have a good majority of their starters playing and often starting for European clubs. Between arguably having the best goal-tending in the world (3 deep with Kasey Keller, Brad Friedel and the young Tim Howard, building up some very talented youth (Freddie Adu, DeMarcus Beasley and Landon Donovan), as well as having some proven veteran talent (Claudio Reyna and Brian McBride among others), they have a damn talented lineup. The national team has done consistently better with each world cup since they were held here. The only thing I'll give you on the US team is there really is noway they should be ranked nearly as high as they are in FIFA's world ranking, but then again we all know what BS that list is anyways...
                        "Work like you don't need the money.
                        Love like you've never been hurt.
                        Dance like nobody's watching.
                        Sing like nobody's listening.
                        Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• dohturdima
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

[quote="Morgan"]
                          Just ask the Portuguese team (you know, the one that was a finalist in this year's Euro), who they beat in the last World Cup, and the Germans (world Cup finalists), who freely admitted at the time that they escaped by the skin of their teeth. Then, and only then proceed with inanities as above Nitwit.
                          Habit is a form of exercise

Comment

• Dogthor
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Leha
                            American football is the most boring game i've ever seen, they stop every second metre, rugby much better
                            i think th e same.... american football, baseball, & that americans sports r so! fucking boring... they stop every second
                            No words, No Talk, We'll go dreamin. No pain, No Hurt, We'll go dreamin

Comment

• Neo
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dogthor
                              Originally posted by Leha
                              American football is the most boring game i've ever seen, they stop every second metre, rugby much better
                              i think th e same.... american football, baseball, & that americans sports r so! fucking boring... they stop every second
                              You forgot basketball. You think basketball is boring too???

Comment

• Steve Graham
                                DJ Jelly
                                • Jun 2004

College basketball I can get into. NBA? no way

but I feel that way about american football too. College over Pro

Comment

Working...