X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckc
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

John DIGWEED KISS 100 SETS From 2001

Since I am not totaly into digweeds "new style" I have found myself digging threw the old kiss sets from 2001 and last night i dug up one that really set me off....It was sort of chilled for digweed standards but really sounded excellent....

It was october 5, 2001 kiss mix which featured alot of deep space organism tracks.....has anyone elses heard this? there is alos a kick ass fabric set he played on his kiss show back in 2001....

Even though these sets are 4 years old the music sounds fresh than ever to me.....

To tell you the truth the music he played then still blows away what most prog house djs are playing today.....truly blows my mind.
  • clintlove
    Hey girl, ya Hungry?
    • Jun 2004

Re: John DIGWEED KISS 100 SETS From 2001

funny, i was doing the same thing just yesterday. i found those fabric mixes and some others that were really good including the wmc mix from 01. some the best guest mixes are from 01 also including ali ajami, steve porter, parks and wilson, lee burridge, sumsonic records, and kazell amost many others.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• dasbooyah
      Addiction started
      • Aug 2005

Digweedz 3 part live set at club yellow, tokyo is still fresh in my playlist
      "...this is how i like to dj, i just like playing the good stuff."
      -Digweed

Comment

• MDE420
        Getting warmed up
        • Jan 2005

The one Kiss show, which was a recording from the 02 DeltaHeavy-Atlanta pt.1
        is the closest recording of Digweed going crazy. Still tame to the real thing but most shows around 2003 and up are just ok

Comment

• dasbooyah
          Addiction started
          • Aug 2005

ah delta heavy. i play the essential mix of delta heavy in miami, fl.

that was pure Bedrock.
          "...this is how i like to dj, i just like playing the good stuff."
          -Digweed

Comment

• GregWhelan
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Some of his best ever Kiss 100 sets are from 2000. Some great tunes played there, and the guests were brillaint as well - Van M, Fortier, Bonham, Deep Dish, DJ Three - the three, fortier and bonham mixes are still way better than most of the guests these days!

Comment

• hypoluxxa
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
              Since I am not totaly into digweeds "new style" I have found myself digging threw the old kiss sets from 2001 and last night i dug up one that really set me off....It was sort of chilled for digweed standards but really sounded excellent....

It was october 5, 2001 kiss mix which featured alot of deep space organism tracks.....has anyone elses heard this? there is alos a kick ass fabric set he played on his kiss show back in 2001....

Even though these sets are 4 years old the music sounds fresh than ever to me.....

To tell you the truth the music he played then still blows away what most prog house djs are playing today.....truly blows my mind.
              Funny I coudn't agree with you more. I feel totally the same way. That stuff sounds fresh and relevant today. I've been listening to all of the old sets I can find.

Comment

• rewing3
                I really don't care
                • Jun 2004

All of the earlier kiss 100 sets are fanastic. I always try to dig out the old mixes every once in while. There were some really good mixes from 2000 to 2002.
                Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• daveman
                  I love the colors!!!
                  • Jul 2005

would have to agree. sometimes i just feel that i relate better to old sets. maybe its because i was clubbin in the UK at that time (2000/2001). Digweeds 6/21/01 set is still the best set i have heard. deep deep dark sounds from NY house starts and stays strong the whole set. glad to hear that some else is also more impressed with old sets in a world of music that flips so quickly.
                  once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• asdf_admin
                    i use to be important
                    • Jun 2004

not another "digweed not playing dark deep prog house" threads "but i like dark deep prog house" :cry:
                    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Gloomy
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

check out the kiss show from 7 dec 2001 ... both the Digweed set and guest set (which is ... Moshic ). One of the best shows ever.

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

Here's an idea.

Given the John's new direction isn't to everyone's taste how about hosting a vintage Kiss show (or guest mix) each week .. perhaps with a choice of 3 decided by the decisive [ms] members vote run the previous week ?
                        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin
                          not another "digweed not playing dark deep prog house" threads "but i like dark deep prog house" :cry:
                          I refrained from saying anything like that. I don't want to souns like a broken record anyway. That's the reason why I post less... I have little positive to say about music right now. I'm not bitter though.

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

Hypo - are you going to catch Diggers at Renaissance@Pacha in September ?
                            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• chuckc
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                              Here's an idea.

Given the John's new direction isn't to everyone's taste how about hosting a vintage Kiss show (or guest mix) each week .. perhaps with a choice of 3 decided by the decisive [ms] members vote run the previous week ?
                              That is a great idea also considering back in 2001 most of us were not able to obtain alot of those classic sets....

Comment

Working...