X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Life saving Invention!!

Here is the idea that I have came up with and was wondering for some feedback from MN'ers. This is my company so don't worry about the webite because it is mine.... This is also the first time it has been viewed by the public. Hope you like it.

Oh ya it is patented in North America, Europe and China (japan as well)..haha

just looking for feedback
  • lmmadic
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: Life saving Invention!!

wow thats a great idea. Like most great ideas it's pretty simple but delivers enormous benifits.
    I believe this thing is going to make it big

need a partner in europe by any chance :wink:
    sigpic

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. Edward Everett

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

Great idea although I hope a fire doesn't break out in a hall of mirrors. Those people would be fucked!
      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

dude, im buying if you need some capital. lord knows i am always looking for a decent investment.

one word.

dormitories.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

great idea, man. makes perfect sense. best of luck...

Comment

• daveman
            I love the colors!!!
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Evil
            all i want is a hallway with some freaking lazer beams in it.
            looks like you have something there.

from the site i couldn't tell how it actually works or is installed, but if you could learn to tie it into existing exit signs and emergency lights that are already required by code to be set in certain places and certain distances you could really simplfiy the process. possibly even sell of the idea to manufacturers of those building components and make royalties.

great product for the hearing impaired.
            once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• hansh20
              Gold Gabber
              • Jul 2004

great idea, the best part of this is that you could be in a fire and it still looks like a party, hoping the dj is at the end of the light . jk, youre gonna be millionare with this if youre not by now.
              " When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris. "

Comment

• picklemonkey
                Double hoodie beer monster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
                Great idea although I hope a fire doesn't break out in a hall of mirrors. Those people would be fucked!
                :ROFLMAO:

definitely sounds like a great idea man... hope you don't mind a little criticism, but there's way too many ampersands on the pages. For example: in the Laser-Aid page, the solution sentence has four of them, and the Objective in the Objectives page has a sentence with four of them. I'd replace them with "and"s or reword the sentences to look less repeated

Comment

• runningman
                  Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                  • Jun 2004

^^ so true..haha.. gonna have to get on the website guys ass..that is what i am looking for.. i want someone to maybe say something that i haven't heard yet..thanks.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                    Double hoodie beer monster
                    • Jun 2004

instead of changing them to "and" I suggest just omitting one of the two words linked between them, if synonymous with each other. examples:
                    • "evacuate & navigate"
                      "effective & efficient"
                      "efficient & effective"
                      "...within existing exit signs & is activated with the..."
                      "government & private buildings" is repeated twice in the same list on the Objectives page
                    too many synonyms... it just looks redundant. the rest simply look unprofessional. I'd almost go out on a line and say half the sentences need restructured... half of them sound like run-ons, some mis-use of wording (Advent, for example), and there isn't much white space. example:
                    • before:
                      Advent of the laser has provided the perfect medium to solve two key problems plaguing the fire & rescue industry, the loss of lives & the loss of property due to fire
                      after:
                      LaserAid provides the ultimate solution for meeting the demands of the Fire and Rescue industry:[list:71b1a20dec]
                    • Minimizing potential harm to men and women
                    • Reducing property damage (though I don't understand why this is here )
                  [/list:u:71b1a20dec]
                  or something like that, at least. I'm no grammar expert, but imo it looks/sounds more pro that way.

Comment

• MJDub
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

That's genius.
                    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                      instead of changing them to "and" I suggest just omitting one of the two words linked between them, if synonymous with each other. examples:
                      • "evacuate & navigate"
                        "effective & efficient"
                        "efficient & effective"
                        "...within existing exit signs & is activated with the..."
                        "government & private buildings" is repeated twice in the same list on the Objectives page
                      too many synonyms... it just looks redundant. the rest simply look unprofessional. I'd almost go out on a line and say half the sentences need restructured... half of them sound like run-ons, some mis-use of wording (Advent, for example), and there isn't much white space. example:
                      • before:
                        Advent of the laser has provided the perfect medium to solve two key problems plaguing the fire & rescue industry, the loss of lives & the loss of property due to fire
                        after:
                        LaserAid provides the ultimate solution for meeting the demands of the Fire and Rescue industry:[list:b0b50f6989]
                      • Minimizing potential harm to men and women
                      • Reducing property damage (though I don't understand why this is here )
                    • [/list:u:b0b50f6989]
                      or something like that, at least. I'm no grammar expert, but imo it looks/sounds more pro that way.
                      Ya, the idea is great, but I have to agree with Pickles: take a good look at the grammar, less repeating nad make it compact. Take some time to sit down and come up with a good text. Hell, I'm betting there are a few people here that would be willing to help you out for free man, just to support the product (I know I would, and Pickles is already busy)...

Also, show some rudimentary info on the product itself...dimensions, how easy it is to install, power needs...simple useful stuff. Maybe some pics as well, as long as they are not suitable for ripping off the idea ;-).

I hope this one's gonna make it though, maybe the best idea in a long time to save lives in fires.
                      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Oh, and it would work EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD on large crane vessels, oil rigs and the likes methinks. My dad works as a medic on a crane vessel, and they're so fucking big you actually need a red wire to guide you to the living quarters. Fuck, I'll help you spam some oil companies to sell it!
                      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Kobe
                        I wish I had an interesting User title
                        • Jun 2004

This would also be good in night clubs. Wait....

Good luck with the idea man, the idea is solid so as long as you stay with it and work hard, it will make you money and save people's lives. Double bonus.
                        Beats are my crack.

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

ya the text is horrible..thx..my stupid CEO (who has a phd in business??) wrote it all down and forwarded it to the website guy.. will got on this ASAP..again thx this is exactly the feedback we need..

as far as leasing the idea we are getting ready right now to approach Tyco, GE, Honeywell and LG next month... these guys can bring it to a global market right away.

to answer when did I come up with this idea..guess?? I was in a club of course jamming to Deep Dish in the Guv..

Comment

• Working...