X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Totally Random Question

I recently hired a personal trainer for a couple of months. My last session with the dude is on Friday. Do you tip these folks? How much? I haven't got the foggiest and am fine either way, I'd just prefer to not look like a schmuck.

Any thoughts appreciated.

thx
  • neoee
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

I'm not sure but I don't think tipping them is the norm. Besides he's probably already made a decent amount from what you've already paid him, right?
    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

my sister used to do that job. i cant recall her talking about getting tips. her clients had loads of dough and she made a nice living off it.
      i would think what you pay them is sufficient. at least offer him a 6-pack of Michelob Ultra.

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by neoee
        I'm not sure but I don't think tipping them is the norm. Besides he's probably already made a decent amount from what you've already paid him, right?
        He has that -- or at least the gym has, which is what made me wonder.

What you're saying is in line with what I was thinking, but since it is a service-related industry, I just was't sure.

thx for the input. I still welcome any thoughts other folks have, though...

Comment

• daveman
          I love the colors!!!
          • Jul 2005

Re: Totally Random Question

Everyone loves tips or bonuses whether it is the norm or not.

If you have been impressed with the results and information learned, I would give a token of appreciation. The idea popped into your head for a reason.
          once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• skahound
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jun 2004

I would say no. If the guy works for a gym then maybe (and I stress maybe). If he's his own boss then absolutely not! That's like tipping the guy that cuts your hair when he owns the barber shop. If he wants more money he can just jack up the price. I give this a big "No hell!"
            A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

Working...