X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gjg21
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2004

DC People, little help?

ey all, i'm gonna be moving to DC for a few months beginning in september. (unfortunately, a couple weeks after Digweed's night). Anyone have any recommendations for websites to keep up to date on events and such?

Thanks!
  • maddlingo
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

EST. 1999 All Events Soundcheck Echostage Soundcheck Soundcheck Soundcheck Echostage Soundcheck Soundcheck Soundcheck Soundcheck >> About Glow Club Glow is the longest running dance party in Washington, DC. It currently operates on a weekly basis out of two venues in DC (Echostage and Soundcheck) and has hosted numerous large-scale and music festival events at the […]
    "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• gjg21
      Gold Gabber
      • Jul 2004

Re: DC People, little help?

thanks maddlingo! from what i can tell so far, it seems like anything big will be happening at glow. i've checked their schedule and there's not much for september. we'll see what happens in the following months.

Comment

• maddlingo
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

There's one other website I forgot about;
        Event production and marketing, specializing in electronic dance music

Not as good as the other website, but sometimes they will have big dj's come in.
        "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• 3ibb3
          Gold Gabber
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by gjg21
          ey all, i'm gonna be moving to DC for a few months beginning in september. (unfortunately, a couple weeks after Digweed's night). Anyone have any recommendations for websites to keep up to date on events and such?

Thanks!
          www.groovanauts.com is another good site

Comment

• gjg21
            Gold Gabber
            • Jul 2004

nice, thanks guys. i'll keep an eye out closer to the move date.

Comment

• gjg21
              Gold Gabber
              • Jul 2004

btw, any recommendations for good local talent/weeklies?

Comment

• devon
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

there is a really good part called Pulse. They are taking a break now until January but keep your eye on their forum:

they have had luke fair, chole harris, nic fanculli, steve porter and a ton of others. i think they are trying to find a new venue and hopefully they do. best party in the area imo.
                i really wish the floor would stop moving!

Comment

• 3ibb3
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by gjg21
                  btw, any recommendations for good local talent/weeklies?
                  pulse was great but like you said they are on a break for a while. On tuesday nights you can go to a place called Spank, it is the VIP room to 1223. also a club caled F.I.V.E ahs some really good shows. i am new to the area myself and have found a ton of good parties and good people so you will enjoy yourself here in DC

Comment

• gjg21
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jul 2004

alright, thanks again guys. looks like pulse is out as I'm only staying until the end of December.

Another question, I'm learning about the area but I don't really know anyone there, especially anyone into edm nights and the like. Will living in Gaithersburg make it a pain in the ass to get into the city to these clubs? I'm bringing a car, but I plan to use it as little as possible. Ideally, I'd be moving into the district, but the job's in the burbs and I have no patience for commutes.

Just trying to get a little insight.

Comment

Working...