Technics SL-DZ1200-CD-Player - Experiences?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chatterbot
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re: Technics SL-DZ1200-CD-Player - Experiences?

Originally posted by Andrzej
    i benn using this one and it's quite nice ... but if U have choice take CDJ 1000 i think for even CDT 800 would be better than technics
    I couldn?t see many differences between the Pioneer 800 and the 1000..

The 1000 has got some effects, for those who need it...
    But the usability seems to be the same, scratching, mastertempo, looping.

But if someone can point out some more advantages of the 1000, then I may
    think about it...

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

the cdj 800 doesnt give you the track name in the read out or the wave form right?

Comment

• lilsensa
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FiFrota
        if u scratch deff go for the technics..
        btw, there's no doubt the technics have more quality! its a question of gettin used to its sensibility i think
        dont you mean "sensitivity"?
        RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Chatterbot
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unome
          the cdj 800 doesnt give you the track name in the read out or the wave form right?
          The cdj800 doesn?t show any thing except time/track-number. It can also not handle
          mp3-cds.
          But it?s very nice to mix with it, best thing is the auto-loop-function. By pressing
          the button "4", from the next beat a "4-beat-loop" is autmatically generated and played
          endlessly, until you press the "exit" button. That function works from 1 to 8 beats
          perfectly.

One bad thing is, that like the sz1200 from technics, the "master-tempo" is fucking up
          when the bpm goes under approx. 128. I don?t know why this happens, but it appears
          with original CDs aswell as with burned ones. But I can live with that..

Greets,
          Chatter

Comment

• ForYosoul
            Getting warmed up
            • Jun 2004

Oh man...all those pics look great. I hope I can make enough money to set those baby's up someday. It'll be a blast~!
            Music...it?s one of the greatest gifts from God that embraces our sorrows, relieves our worries, strengthens our mind, encourages our soul, builds our character, intrigues our wisdom and challenges our experiences. Music is a way of life.

Comment

• neoee
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

That pisses me off, you'd think they would include the auto loop function on the 1000. Fucking pain setting up loops on the 1000 (relatively speaking).
              "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Jibgolly
                Vortexuralizor
                • Jun 2004

imo......

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Chatterbot
                  I couldn?t see many differences between the Pioneer 800 and the 1000..

The 1000 has got some effects, for those who need it...
                  But the usability seems to be the same, scratching, mastertempo, looping.

But if someone can point out some more advantages of the 1000, then I may
                  think about it...
                  the cdj1000 has effects? not on any i have seen.

my mate has two cdj1000 mk2, and i have cdj 800.

pros and cons to both.

the 1000 has the wave form and track name, the 800 doesnt.

the 800 has the 1, 2, 4, 8 beat auto loop which i love, plus the loop in and loop out buttons still to make your own loop, in which the 1, 2, 4, 8 buttons chop it up automatically for you.

the 1000 has +/ - 10, 16, 25, 100 where as the 800 just has 10,100 (which works for me)

and the cue and hot points on the 1000 are beneficial.. but for the price difference the cdj800 reacts and serves its purpose just as good as a 1000.

i also bought a numark cdx had it for two days and took it back.. couldnt stand it.
                  but i am just used to the cdj's. i have heard great reviews on the numark which is why i gave it a shot.

Comment

Working...