X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • berps
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2004

sasha last night @ shindig

just got back from shindig WHAT AN AWESOME NIGHT my first time visiting the new venue digital very nice and busy but not to busy the sound system wooooo my ears are still ringing everyone that played was good sasha was quality first time i seen him in a while,was anyone else there??? Roll on 2 weeks today when ill be seeing him @ space

berps

ps thanx to scott bradford for getting us on the q jumper hahaha
    "IM GETTING CAKED@THEWEEKEND!!!!!!!!! "
  • THE_LIGHT
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jun 2004

Re: sasha last night @ shindig

lucky bitch

cheers

Comment

• deepntwisted
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

A good if not surreal night was had. On arrival we dived in the bar next door but one only to find two burley shaven headed Geordies kissing at the bar, f*rking unreal. The first thing that hits you in the club is the amazing sound system. Satoshi Tomiie was playing to my surprise what turned out to be a blinding set. Half twelve into the VIP bar which was again unreal, you go out of the new build hi-tec club into what can only be described as a set from ?Get Carter? Flock wallpaper, wood panelled walls, brown ash trays, dim lighting the whole 70?s garb and NO music. Could stand about 2 mins of that so back to Satoshi who was really stating to crank it up. Half-one Sasha came on and started really hard, this first half hour was almost solid electro, techno very tough not typical Sasha. He dropped one track which sounded totally robotic zero melodic. Never seen Sasha quite so animated jumping up and down, punching the air dancing almost his entire set, and dare I say it almost looking happy. An hour in he did go more melodic dropping Soulwax E-Talking. A good night Satoshi Tomiie rocked it, the sound system literally blew you away, stood in some places the bass would actually shake your clothing...mad!!!

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

Interesting ... I take it that Sasha has been hammering it out at Space and that this has now influenced his sets at other places.
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• phazon
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Sounds a good night, and worth checking Shindig out to.
          ----------------------------

Comment

• rewing3
            I really don't care
            • Jun 2004

Sounds like a good night. Glad to hear sasha is still bangin it.
            Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• deepntwisted
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
              Interesting ... I take it that Sasha has been hammering it out at Space and that this has now influenced his sets at other places.
              Not sure what he?s been playing at Space but for me Sasha played better at Fabric and Liverpool. Had thought he was the only DJ who hadn?t followed the rest of the sheep playing total electro, techno vibe.

Comment

Working...