Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Intelligent Design

Enjoyed this:

• bart_smastard
    Gold Gabber
    • May 2005

Re: Intelligent Design

read about all this the other day .. these christians just won't give up . christians are turning this into a creation theory , u know the one "the earth is only 10,000 years old and every living animal decended from what was on the arc" i perticulary liked the teacher who claims that even the dinosaurs where on the arc LMFAO could u imagine the size of the boat and Noah trying to push a couple of teransaurusrexes up the gang plank

Comment

• krelm
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Personally, I'm a firm believer in the Flying Spaghetti Monsterism theory of creation.

Broken Symmetry on mcast.mercuryserver.com

www.krelmatrix.com - archives & mixes
      www.myspace.com/satansfluffer - general tomfoolery

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
      - Stimutacs

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

i think we are all a video game that a 3000 yr old superbeing is playing.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Letter I wrote in counter to another published recently in my local paper

Letter writer Susan Arnold, of Boulder, indicated in her letter (published in the 8/18 issue) that an article denouncing intelligent design was incorrect. The article made the claim that intelligent design "is taken seriously by scarcely any experts," and Arnold contested that viewpoint with information regarding the Discovery Institute, claiming that "A list of 400-plus experts who express doubts about Darwinism" was located at this site, and that this proves that intelligent design has the support of a large number of scientific experts.
          Regarding Arnold's claim, I would like to point out a few things. First of all, a review of the leadership structure as presented on that website (President, VPs, Board of Directors and Senior Fellows, etc.) produces a veritable cornucopia of political science majors, philosophy majors, public policy aficionados, former and current politicians, former and current lobbyists, former and current lawyers, and former and current high-level business executives. In all, it is an entity that seems more geared towards manipulating public opinion and social morality than towards objectively evaluating scientific merit.
          Secondly, of the listed members that fall into the category of actual scientific experts in the fields relating to the issue (like biology), who are all in the lower hierarchy of fellowship, the site lists significantly less than 400 (more like 100) on the website.
          Lastly, I must point out that someone who "expresses doubts" about Darwinism does not automatically become a champion of intelligent design theory by doing so. Many actual scientific experts in fields related to the subject have expressed doubt regarding certain particulars of Darwinist theory, but this does not make them enemies of evolution. By comparison, a person can doubt the established ideas regarding solar flare and lunar tide activity without necessarily believing that the sun orbits around the earth, and that the moon is made of cheese.
          I think everyone would agree that it's a bit hasty to claim that someone who has doubts about Darwinism should automatically be considered a supporter of intelligent design. That's like saying anyone who's not a Christian is a Satanist. It's poor logic on this writers part part...which is no surprise, since intelligent design theory is more fad philosophy than science.

It's more than a little unfair, the way that these anti-evolutionists are protected by the freedom of religion, and from this comfy hiding place, they launch attack after attack on methods and theory that have stood up to unbiased testing the way their fairy tale could never do. But that's the issue, isn't it? The way intelligent design, which could never be scientifically proven or even properly tested, is nonetheless considered a valid scientific line of study.

Any way - If you need me, I'll be busy sequencing the Easter Bunny's DNA.
          "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
          "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
          - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Yao
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

This thread is fucking hilarious, especially Bart's line: i perticulary liked the teacher who claims that even the dinosaurs where on the arc LMFAO could u imagine the size of the boat and Noah trying to push a couple of teransaurusrexes up the gang plank

That one made me wet myzelf on the spot, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Nice letter by the way Civic...I never knew the moon was made out of cheese??
            Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• bart_smastard
              Gold Gabber
              • May 2005

i will say this one lil thing though . there is a case for there bing a kind of process going on that cannot be purely down to evolving howeva every species is evolving it's just sometimes species seem to take huge leaps forward every so often which evolution cannot account for . howeva if u are a creationists you believe god was perfect so he would of made all creatures perfect they would not need to evolve and also species he lovingly created would not of become extinct for their failure to evolve quick enough

Comment

Working...