• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannygraham
    Getting Somewhere
    • Apr 2004

Danny Graham & TERRY GRANT - Mercury Sessions - 31.8.05

TERRY GRANT BIOGRAPHY

T"I am constantly in awe of the ability that music has to draw forth emotional response from us. I like the idea that music, like art in general, doesn't have to be about anything specific; it just has to make you feel a certain way. I think that may be what first attracted me to electronic music. So much of it is about mood and context rather than a specific subject. The first few records that I bought as a kid were film soundtracks, and for some reason I really connected with the instrumental scores more so that the pop tunes. I was too young to realize how or why it got to me, but it did.
    I was a strange child."

Terry Grant's life long obsession with music began at an early age. Growing up in Ohio, where he was nursed on a steady diet of R&B and soul records by his parents, he developed a passion for all things rhythmic and funky. At the age of fifteen he began to play guitar, and four short years later he was earning a living touring the east coast and teaching guitar in a local music store.

At twenty-two he moved to Nashville, Tennessee to continue his career as a musician. In between stints in various rock, country, and R&B bands (and the occasional session date) he found time to learn to play the drums and bass, and to dabble at the keys. He also bought his first turntable around this time, and it would prove to be a watershed moment in his life:
    "Well, actually buying the thing wasn't any big deal (laughs), but it did allow me to discover a whole new world of music that I wasn't finding through normal means. I thought that I'd buy a turntable and a mixer so that I could learn to scratch, and so that I could sample old records and be cool like Pete Rock. What happened is that I started buying all sorts of new records and playing them for my friends. A lot of the tunes that I was buying were the kind of stuff that you might play in a dance club. House, drum 'n' bass, hip hop, etc. That's how I got started. Or should I say, that?s how I got hooked.?

The year 2000 would see him embark on a new career path as a DJ. Although a fan of electronic music since childhood, he was relatively new to house and club based dance at the time. He would soon grow to not only understand and appreciate it, but also embrace it as a DJ and producer.

A strong desire to experiment with sound and push the boundaries of what he is capable of will keep Terry moving forward into this new millennium, creating and refining his art in new and exciting ways, and enjoying the journey down this, life's cosmic path.

"I'm going to continue on as a DJ, a producer, and a musician, and see what the future holds. I hope to release many more records in the next few years, maybe score a film, and then marry a supermodel. Or maybe I'll marry a model and then score a film, I don't know."

Danny Graham - Punch Funk
    Every Wednesday
    12-2pm EST, 5-7pm GMT

Booking - matt.berry@punchfunk.com
  • dannygraham
    Getting Somewhere
    • Apr 2004

Re: Danny Graham & TERRY GRANT - Mercury Sessions - 31.8.05

Hour 1 - Danny Graham (www.punchfunk.com)

01. Stian Klo - Voluptuous Debutante - CDR.
    02. Phunindustries - Betamax (Tom Sawyer Remix) - South.
    03. Stretch n Vern - Beats n Bones (James Talk Remix) - Monotype.
    04. Chris Lake - Until She Rises - Little Mountain.
    05. Luetzenkirchen - Daily Disco - Great Stuff.
    06. John Dahlback & Steffan Linzatti - Outside - Pickadoll.
    07. Dave Robertson - Error - CDR.
    08. Dan Mangan - Little Snitch - CDR.
    09. Blake Potter - Timelocked (Opencloud Remix) - Institution Breaks.
    10. Sander Kleinenberg - My Lexicon (16 Bit Lolitas Remix) - Little Mountain.
    11. Futureshock - Sparc - Fuju.

Hour 2 - Terry Grant (Bedrock)

01. D.J F.E.X - Mysterious Conversation (Tanzmann and Stefanik Remix) - Dessous.
    02. Sarah Goldfarb - Essential - Treibstoff.
    03. Alexander Church - Crazy People (Weekend World Mix) - Midnight.
    04. Booka Shade - Mandarine Girl - Get Physical.
    05. Mau Mau - What U Need (Dub mix) - Wallop.
    06. Shawn Ward - Expo '86 (Spirit Catcher mix) - Polyphonics.
    07. Dance Samba - Ken (East Coast Boogiemen Remix) - Deepfunk.
    08. Terry Grant - Be My Guide (16 Bit Lolitas mix) - Deep.
    09. Quivver - Spittin' Funk - Boz Boz.
    10. Formulate - Abbreviated Funk (Opencloud's Funkspell mix) - Proton.

Danny Graham
    Punch Funk - Every Wednesday
    12-2pm EST, 5-7pm GMT

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• MJ
        Here since 2002
        • Jun 2004

Danny Graham rocks imo.
        mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• dannygraham
          Getting Somewhere
          • Apr 2004

Thanks guys!

Comment

• skahound
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jun 2004

Holy shite. Top mixes again this week Danny. Please send our thanks to Terry for supplying a truely impressive mix!

Comment

• dannygraham
              Getting Somewhere
              • Apr 2004

Your kind comments have been past on to Terry. Many thanks for the support.

Comment

• rewing3
                I really don't care
                • Jun 2004

Danny that must have been one hell of a show. To bad I missed it though. Maybe I can catch it when or if it ever re-airs again.
                Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• skahound
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jun 2004

Or maybe you should keep your eyes peeled for Sunday!

Damn, I seem to have a 6th sense when it comes to predicting what people want to hear! Seriously, keep watching the downloads section on Sunday. Many thanks to both Danny and Terry for making their mixes available for you guys to download.

Comment

• dannygraham
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Apr 2004

Your welcome anytime Joe

Comment

Working...