Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

1998-03-14 Dave Ralph & Paul Oakenfold - Live @ Marc Ballrooms New York [GU007]

Oakenfold only played Twilo once and it wasn't for the GU pary. The GU party was head at Marc Ballrooms on 14/03/1998

3.jpeg

1998-03-14 Dave Ralph & Paul Oakenfold - Live @ Marc Ballrooms New York [GU007].jpeg

Recorded live at the Marc Ballrooms in New York March 1998. This tape offers you a rare opportunity to sample the delights of the trance masters at their best. A journey from cool progressive house right through to 'nice' uplifting trance in the heart of N.Y.C. Recorded from DAT by the back street chiselers TM.

1998-03-14 - Dave Ralph Marc Ballrooms New York | EBWTBTDJ Download
    01. [00] ID
    02. [03] Jan Driver - Filter
    03. [08] Size Queen - Music (Funk Express Mix)
    04. [13] Van Bellen - Let Me Take You (On A Journey) (Nalin & Kane Remix)
    05. [21] ID
    06. [27] Da Hool - Bora Bora
    07. [35] Gus Gus - Purple (Sasha V The Light)
    08. [41] Electroliners - Loose Caboose (Original Mix)
    09. [45] The Moon & The Sun - Avus
    10. [51] ID
    11. [56] House Doings - Lonely
    12. [61] The Dream Traveler - Time (Inertia's Dream Mix)
    13. [69] Tipple - The Drift (Transa Remix)
    14. [74] Miro - Paradise (Red Jerry's Longdubbyvocal Mix)
    15. [82] ID

1998-03-14 - Paul Oakenfold Marc Ballrooms New York | EBWTBTDJ Download
    01. [00] BT - Flaming June
    02. [08] Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade Nalin & Kane Mix)
    03. [15] Lustral - Everytime (Nalin & Kane Remix)
    04. [23] The Coffee Boys - The Touch (Paul Grogan Remix)
    05. [29] Three Drives On A Vinyl - Greece 2000
    06. [35] Tilt - Butterfly (Tilt's Mechanism Mix)
    07. [44] Tilt vs. Paul van Dyk - Rendezvous (Quadraphonic Mix)
    08. [45] Man With No Name - Vavoom (De Niro Corleone Remix)
    09. [52] Paul van Dyk - Words For Love
    10. [57] Armin van Buuren - Blue Fear (Trouser Enthusiasts E.B.E. Mix)
    11. [64] Planet Perfecto - Bullet In The Gun (Saturday Mix)
    12. [72] Space Frog - X-Ray (Follow Me) (Vocal Version)
    13. [78] Underworld - Dark & Long (Dark Train) (Original Mix)
    14. [84] Arcane - The Arc (Demo Mix)
    Last edited by ♫♫♫♫♫♫; September 11, 2020, 10:31:09 AM.
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: 1998-03-14 Dave Ralph & Paul Oakenfold - Live @ Marc Ballrooms New York [GU007]

amazing Chunky, gem. thank you!
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• progressive420
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Re: 1998-03-14 Dave Ralph & Paul Oakenfold - Live @ Marc Ballrooms New York [GU007]

Nice!
      "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Nov 2013

It's funny how people assume that GU007 was based on a gig at Twilo, it even states it on Wikipedia, however, I read an interview with Oakenfold once and he stated that he only ever played there once and that was in 1996. He also said that some of the Twilo crew were rude to his team when they tried to decorate the room with Perfecto logos, so he never played there again.

Comment

• GarryX
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Apr 2006

Underworld - Dark & Long, not heard that for ages

cheers

Comment

• GregWhelan
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Brilliant find!

GU007 is a superb mix as well (I did know it wasn't a Twilo mix too)

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by GregWhelan
              Brilliant find!

GU007 is a superb mix as well (I did know it wasn't a Twilo mix too)
              I think that there has always been a strange romanticism with Twilo that many fans buy in to. To be fair, I read an article back in 1999 about Oakenfold recording an Essential Mix for his 1999 EM world tour there, and waited months to hear it, only for it never to appear.

There is also mention of a Digweed EM from Twilo in his first GU and that never materialised either. I would love to have a key to the BBC Archives.

Comment

• PartyInGreece
                Gold Gabber
                • Aug 2006

What a gem. Dave Ralph was one of my favorites after I picked up his love parade album, followed by Tranceport II. He had a residency at Buzz in Washington DC and his nights were always fantastic.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Nov 2013

For me 1998 to 1999 were the best for the trance that Sasha, Digweed, Seaman, Oakenfold etc were playing. For me it was when that trance sound peaked. 2000, everything changed.

Comment

• floridaorange
                    I'm merely a humble butler
                    • Dec 2005

1998 - 2002 for me, but I hear what you are saying and the sound you are referring to was extremely special.

1993 - 1998 break beats ruled, but then trance took over.

Anyway, thanks for the Oakey sets, appreciated. For my money he'll always be hailed king of the larger EDM scene. Nobody produces the energy, along with storytelling, emotion and positivity. Which imo is hard to do, age well and not be super cheesy, but Oakenfold did it. I could go on but I'll spare everybody .

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• progressive420
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Interesting to know that about him only playing Twilo once. I do recall the Marc Ballroom being the venue for GU007 party. Ive always been hit or miss with Oakenfold but his pre 2000 days are hard to argue with. GU 007 is a really great mix, especially CD 1, such a good flow from house to deep trance, great to drive to.

♫♫♫♫♫♫
                      There is also mention of a Digweed EM from Twilo in his first GU and that never materialised either. I would love to have a key to the BBC Archives.
                      You know I always wondered about that myself, He mentions EM recording him at Twilo but I don't believe that set ever aired or showed up. Maybe Digweed has a copy and will release it if we bug him.....
                      Last edited by progressive420; September 6, 2020, 10:59:12 PM.

Comment

• GarryX
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Apr 2006

The Dave Ralph mix is class

Comment

• PartyInGreece
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by GarryX
                          The Dave Ralph mix is class

Totally. He was handpicked by Oakenfold to do Tranceport II and that mix was just fucking fantastic too. I really loved his Naturalized album as well.

Comment

• progressive420
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

^^ Dave Ralph is very underratted, this crazy dude I used to hang with was a huge fan, so thats where I first heard Transport 2, good stuff.

Comment

• PartyInGreece
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by progressive420
                              ^^ Dave Ralph is very underratted, this crazy dude I used to hang with was a huge fan, so thats where I first heard Transport 2, good stuff.

I agree about how underrated he is. He really should have gotten a lot more attention than he did. Excellent DJ and always seemed like a really nice guy.

Comment

Working...