• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diskofreak
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

any one into dnb/jungle??

just wondering..
    i like it all,but i think intelligent is my fav, roni size is at sullivan room in nyc on thursday 9/8, AND ltj bukem is @ ceilio tuesday the 6th
    iv never seen bukem, but i don't think ill be able to make that one.
  • sakio pod
    SALAD TOSSER
    • Jun 2004

there are some good dnb tracks........not my cup of tea but......it all depends on who and where....deepdish dropped a badass dnb track at space in miami back in dec.

i know jon lisle has some badass dnb tracks.....but as far as going out to see a set...i'll have to pass

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

'jungle' is about as musical as a blade of grass.

i dont mind some intelligent d&b from time to time though.

Comment

• cneill
        Getting warmed up
        • Jul 2004

Re: any one into dnb/jungle??

the intelligent/atmospheric stuff is nice if you're in the mood for it. I have a small collection of really atmospheric dnb records, but I've only ever mixed them for myself. It's a good way to relax and completely space out.
        Go n-ithe an cat th? is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

Comment

• FM
          Wooooooo!
          • Jun 2004

intelligent is great. If you can catch Bukem & MC Conrad on a Progression Sessions show it's more then worth it.

Even something like Jazzstep as well, just for those jazz flavors mixed in can be pure class

At the same time, I don't mind a good banging set here and there...it's a nice changeup...I've even spun a set a couple of times in my days.

I guess only because d'n'b is pretty big in my area with the underground kids these days, and there are 2 events that have now gone on for about a year...one weekly and one monthly....crazy shit man...:?
          FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
          "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
          Facebook!
          A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• berps
            Gold Gabber
            • Jul 2004

Drum and bass/jungle was one on my first loves musically like. Luckily enough bukem and conrad are booked to play @ space ibiza 6th sept and i cant fuckin wait for that cos its been years since i seen them live.
            They used to drop some awesome tunes man danny bukem certainly had an eye for signing the talent to his good looking label back in the day PFM,Blame etc new stuff by Makoto is cool you should maybe check out London Electrcity they are pretty cool.

berps

NEXT STOP IBIZA 3RD - 11TH SEPT
            "IM GETTING CAKED@THEWEEKEND!!!!!!!!! "

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Keyboard loves it....
              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• fletcher
                Platinum Poster
                • Jul 2005

D&B is great. Dj Marky is a brilliant performer and is technically superb. Guys like Andy C, Hype and Bad Company really know how to fire up a dancefloor...

Goldie's "Timeless" album still remains one of my favourite albums ever. The breakbeat era project from roni size & co. is awesome stuff as well. And of course more recently, Pendulum's hold your colour
                http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• rewing3
                  I really don't care
                  • Jun 2004

Like some dnb but not much. But Goldie's Timeless cd is by far my favorite dnb cd. The new Andy C cd is really good. I really only listen to dnb every once in while at that is. I mostly listen to house & minimal.
                  Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• benda
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jul 2004

I've been listening to dnb lately for a bit of a change. Hospital Records seems to be rolling out some quality sounds (in my opinion) with High Contrast, NuTone and Lodon Electricity. I can't get enough of High Contrast's Essential Mix from a few years ago. And, like fletcher said, the Pendulum album is awesome.

DJ Zinc's 5 minute mix of all the classic dnb tracks that he did a couple of weeks ago is mindblowing. If you haven't heard it the link in this thread might still work:

Comment

• Kobe
                      I wish I had an interesting User title
                      • Jun 2004

I used to be a big d'nb fan, but the scene kind of fizzeled, actually IMHO techstep killed it, so noisy and soul-less. I was a big fan of the amen rise-out ragga sound that was big back in 1995-96, but then it got dark and they lost me. I wouldn't mind hearing what Bukem is up to these days, but otherwise I still to the couple of classic sets I have from back in the day.
                      Beats are my crack.

Comment

• demonAfro
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Pendulum are really doing it for me at the moment Gotta love the trance'n'bass breaks stylee.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                          i use to be important
                          • Jun 2004

Keyboard loves it....
                          and yes i do. intelligent is ok. kinda fluffy for me. Bukem and MC Conrad are very very good together, and for most part are very solid. I had my Bukem phase. Much respect for the slow side .

My line up:

Dieselboy, Cause 4 Concern, SPL, Andy C, Bad Company, Photek, Dom & Roland, Teebee, Tech Itch, just to name a few. These are the big hitters. If you want your face blow off by a shotgun, this will surely do it.

dead, yet alive.

Comment

• LV-8
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

I realyy have tried to listen to dnb but I just can't get into it, but mad props to anyone who can spin that type music.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                              i use to be important
                              • Jun 2004

i did for some time. i still pick up tracks here and there. really really fun to spin. plus you can do so much at high bpm. plus the musis itself gives you a lot of power. most tracks are selected for a 3-4 minutes. it goes quick. busy work i guess.

in regards to listening to dnb ... you really have to let go. it is very easy to get caught into the high hats and/or bassline ... my best advice ... go on the freeway and turn it on ... also watch your needle red line.
                              dead, yet alive.

Comment

Working...