X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hambrecht
    Addiction started
    • Aug 2004

New Orleans

"Monster hurricane with 145 mph winds could submerge New Orleans under 20 feet of water, cause $100B in damage;"

Nagin said he spoke to a forecaster at the hurricane center who told him that "this is the storm New Orleans has feared these many years."

"Making matters worse, at least 100,000 people in the city lack the transportation to get out of town. "

"The only dangerous hurricanes so far are the ones we've been drinking," said Fred Wilson of San Francisco

"I know they're saying `Get out of town,' but I don't have any way to get out," said Hattie Johns, 74. "If you don't have no money, you can't go."

• sakio pod
    SALAD TOSSER
    • Jun 2004

its 150 now......damn there fucked..

Comment

• Pataky P
      asdf_imo
      • Jun 2004

Re: New Orleans

I like this place!!Nice,and beautiful...

Comment

• bart_smastard
        Gold Gabber
        • May 2005

Ok heres a little question .. Why the fuck do people live in wooden houses and trailers slap bang in the middle where hurricanes hit hardest ?.. Always puzzles the fuck out of me that one.

when they show the aftermath once the storms gone by u don't see the people in brick houses crying on the camera

Comment

• clintlove
          Hey girl, ya Hungry?
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bart_smastard
          Ok heres a little question .. Why the fuck do people live in wooden houses and trailers slap bang in the middle where hurricanes hit hardest ?.. Always puzzles the fuck out of me that one.

when they show the aftermath once the storms gone by u don't see the people in brick houses crying on the camera
          You're a dumbass!

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• juouelle
            Getting Somewhere
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by bart_smastard

Man i'm not even American and you're a fuckin' dumbass. You give MANCHESTER such a bad name. Every comment you spread on this board is fuckin' negative and you sound like you were born straight from the sewers you live in. You should be listening to boy George and not PROG because your a ego centric taint eater. Come to Seoul and i'll show you a brick or two.

Sorry MOD's for stooping to this level, but i don't feel i'm alone on this.

Comment

• supaz
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

^^ Agreed

Max Sustained Winds now 175!

Only three Category 5 hurricanes ? the highest on the Saffir-Simpson scale ? have hit the United States since record-keeping began. The last was 1992's Hurricane Andrew, which leveled parts of South Florida, killed 43 people and caused $31 billion in damage. The other two were the 1935 Labor Day hurricane that hit the Florida Keys and killed 600 people and Hurricane Camille, which devastated the Mississippi coast in 1969, killing 256.

Comment

• bart_smastard
                Gold Gabber
                • May 2005

srry but nature is one of the strongest forces ppl can come up against .. if u live in a path natures forces always seems to target i would consider it common sense to protect myself to the upmost . i know i seem cynical but that comes with age . wooden and tin shack houses don't protect u from shit . even the lowleist houses in england are built with brick . just to think ohh i'll save a few bucks" just" so i can live in "florida" and i'll make my house out of something as insignifficent as paper because it's cheap .then when 150 mph winds reduce it to fuckall i won't blame everyone but poor planning .. as i said i am cynical but good brings me joy excellence brings me extasy .. stupidity deserves derision... u live in the worlds wealthiest country i should imagine all houses in Poland are made with brick so why can't the grand ol U S of A. a tragedy is something u can't see comming innevitablity is something you can

Comment

• bart_smastard
                  Gold Gabber
                  • May 2005

and as for giving out a lil negativity ppl neva change when praised . when summats good i praise to the upmost to encourage . but for fucks sake the english conversation and sarcasm is based on pesimisnm . it's what makes us strive harder to gain praise. learn a lil about my coulture before u critisise us ( even if you are english stretch your head out of your own little world and make sense of the way things are ) i could go on for along time about the psychy of man but it would be about 2 miles above your head

Comment

• supaz
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

^^ Just because the U.S. has the GDP doesn't mean that all Americans are wealthy. I'm sure the people that live in mobile homes and pre-fabricated housing are just living there because that's all they can afford.

Cut those people some slack. They already have a hard enough life as it is and are trying to get by...then when a hurricane/etc comes around, they're wiped out and have to start over again.

Comment

• bart_smastard
                      Gold Gabber
                      • May 2005

and for those killed in these storms i have nothing but sympathy it's the developers who are responsible for not creating a safer home . but maybe the goverment should intoduce a law to make homes a lil more stormproof "i don't know " i'll repeat " i don't know " .. it's just when u see the news stations broadcasting it's always homes i wouldn't camp in that get demolished . and back to defending myself again against those 3 posts, faults are easy to find perfection is unatainable but common sense is supposed to be common

Comment

• Weizy
                        MCast Resident DJ
                        • Jun 2004

i hope that what is being predicted here is not what the outcome will be. new orleans is a great city and i would hate to see it destroyed. best wishes to any of you guys that may live there.

Comment

• bart_smastard
                          Gold Gabber
                          • May 2005

best wishes also, i know i'm cynical but id'e neva wish harm on anyone undeserving

Comment

• FM
                            Wooooooo!
                            • Jun 2004

unfortunately common sense is supposed to be common....but it isn't...

This could get very ugly tomorrow...
                            FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                            "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                            Facebook!
                            A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• supaz
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Yeah, it's going to be really bad. N.O. is already below sea level and they have to pump water out daily...so when the 20ft+ storm surge comes in, they're going to be flooded big time. They're speculating the worse case scenario that New Orleans could be under 30ft of water!

...then couple that with the hurricane force winds over 165mph = big time disaster.

Have you seen how crazy it is for the locals to leave the city via highway? just imagine trying to get back in after the storm is over! Man, I feel for them.

I went through about 4 or 5 hurricanes last year and it defintely sucks ass - but it's nowhere near to this level...

Comment

Working...