Me, Magnus, Arjuna, Rohini, CoreElement
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Too much love making, makes for poor match play." - Algy

Comment

• algy
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Re: Digweed in DC role call saturday sept 3

-E- We sure did miss seeing you there bro.

Comment

• 3ibb3
        Gold Gabber
        • Jul 2005

what a show Mr Digweed never disapoints

Comment

• algy
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Digweed does not.. but Glow did. Turned the lights on him again before he was done.. just like the June 18th show. I simply don't understand?!?

Anyways. The letters are being written. I did speak w/ the owner, but not about this of course, however, am planning to follow-up with a letter that will express my concerns reguarding this:

If you write, keep it professional.. let's see what we can do before DC looses such a good thing. I'd hate to see Diggerz go to another venue, but then again.. it's time to see him in NYC.

fur night club owner:

Michael Romeo
          33 Patterson Street, NE
          Washington, DC 20002

Office: 202.489.9099
          michaelromeo@furnightclub.com

Comment

• dasbooyah
            Addiction started
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by algy
            Digweed does not.. but Glow did. Turned the lights on him again before he was done.. just like the June 18th show. I simply don't understand?!?

Anyways. The letters are being written. I did speak w/ the owner, but not about this of course, however, am planning to follow-up with a letter that will express my concerns reguarding this:

If you write, keep it professional.. let's see what we can do before DC looses such a good thing. I'd hate to see Diggerz go to another venue, but then again.. it's time to see him in NYC.

fur night club owner:

Michael Romeo
            33 Patterson Street, NE
            Washington, DC 20002

Office: 202.489.9099
            michaelromeo@furnightclub.com

ridiculous
            "...this is how i like to dj, i just like playing the good stuff."
            -Digweed

Comment

• Lietmotiv
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jun 2005

The rally cry "One More Set!" forced them to dim the lights and let Digweed finish proper. Fucking amateur hour at Glow. I'll see Digweed in an appropriate venue next time.

/Magnus

Comment

• gjg21
                Gold Gabber
                • Jul 2004

what exactly is the issue here? are clubs in DC not allowed to stay open past 4?

Comment

• Lietmotiv
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by gjg21
                  what exactly is the issue here? are clubs in DC not allowed to stay open past 4?
                  No one at Glow has told us why. Glow isn't saying anything. I am guessing that it has something to do with Alcohol sales and such or silly labor laws or some other juridictional nonsense. We are talking about DC which has more politicians per capita than anywhere in the world.

I will see him somewhere else. Preferrably NY or Canada. I doubt Digweed will return to Glow. This is two times that they have insulted him and his fans. It should not happen a 3rd time.

/Magnus

Comment

• gjg21
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jul 2004

so is there a specified closing time required by law there or is this just the decision made by glow?

i'm just curious because i'll be moving to DC on saturday, and while I'm looking forward to some good shows in the coming months, I've heard quite a few bad things about glow.

Comment

• firefan999
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Sep 2005

I didn't stick around for the finale this time around... unfortunately, my girl friend was getting groped by radom guys on multiple occasions. some of the them were rather persistent. besides, Cusick persuaded us to get the hell out of there and hang-out for a bit before our flight; so we said what the hell and left. it was still a cool night all-in-all, but you could tell that Digweed was just not into it. you can't really blame him, he had a monitor cut out, and at least one of the CDJs were malfunctioning.
                      nothing kills an average like a zero.

- cass

Comment

• 3ibb3
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jul 2005

so is there a specified closing time required by law there or is this just the decision made by glow?

i'm just curious because i'll be moving to DC on saturday, and while I'm looking forward to some good shows in the coming months, I've heard quite a few bad things about glow.
                        it isnt really a Glow issue, it is a FUR issue. the club like to try and move the crowd into the VIP afterhours party for between 30 & 60$ per person to get in, then sell a redbull and vodka for 20 bucks, a beer for 20 bucks. i have been there past 5 seeing deepdish spin. i have also seen Armin play past 5:00 also. it is all about the cash anything past 3:00am the club isnt making money because everyone has stoped drinking at that point

Comment

• algy
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by firefan999
                          my girl friend was getting groped by radom guys on multiple occasions. some of the them were rather persistent.
                          Ha.. an Indian guy or US Marines?

Comment

• gjg21
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by 3ibb3

it isnt really a Glow issue, it is a FUR issue. the club like to try and move the crowd into the VIP afterhours party for between 30 & 60$ per person to get in, then sell a redbull and vodka for 20 bucks, a beer for 20 bucks. i have been there past 5 seeing deepdish spin. i have also seen Armin play past 5:00 also. it is all about the cash anything past 3:00am the club isnt making money because everyone has stoped drinking at that point
                            gotcha, i see what you're saying now. oh, and when i'd said glow, i meant to say fur. sorry, still getting the two confused.

Comment

• maddlingo
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

I'm glad I made the trip to Spirit to see Digweed play this time around. I can understand everyone else's frustrations about Fur. The bouncers there are the most unprofessional douchebags I've seen in any club and that sound system needs a tune up.

Every time I've been there the DC crowd seems to be more into the scene and not into the music which has to be really disappointing to the DJs that they are bringing in there. If Fur changed things just slightly, it could be a top notch club.
                              "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

Working...