X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarble187
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    • Sep 2004

Gas Prices

I just payed $3.07 / gallon then drove up the street and it was $2.71 / gallon. I felt gouged and it reminded me of what happened after 9/11 when gas shot up to $4.00 in some places. Is this happening everywhere else?
    Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011
  • bart_smastard
    Gold Gabber
    • May 2005

Re: Gas Prices

i don't even drive but i know in england we pay around $7 a gallon . count ure blessings

Comment

• rewing3
      I really don't care
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jarble187
      I just payed $3.07 / gallon then drove up the street and it was $2.71 / gallon. I felt gouged and it reminded me of what happened after 9/11 when gas shot up to $4.00 in some places. Is this happening everywhere else?
      Came back from lunch break and on the way I seen gas was $ 3.09/ gal. Damn hurricanes.
      Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• Mr.Big
        Platinum Poster
        • Nov 2004

No offense and i dont mean to sound Anti american but u guys charge by the Gallon in the states whilst europeans get raped on petrol per liter over here..

american SUVs are a main cause of this problem... i just wish they thought about this 20-30 years ago and the oil supplys wouldnt be in as much shit for everyone around the world..
        www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
        Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• Kobe
          I wish I had an interesting User title
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jarble187
          It is a little different in this case, due to the refinaries basically being shut down. The 9/11 example was just panic driven price gouging. However, either way you slice it we are getting the shaft.

This Katrina disaster will have aftershocks for quite some time. A major US city getting whiped out will have noticable ramaifications all over our economy, be prepared for deferred costs effecting things like insurance rates.
          Beats are my crack.

Comment

• dasbooyah
            Addiction started
            • Aug 2005

i'm about to pump gas into a drum before gas prices increase to $5/gal.
            "...this is how i like to dj, i just like playing the good stuff."
            -Digweed

Comment

• neoee
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

^^^ I heard that some are speculating that they will indeed hit 5/gal because of the hurricane.
              "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• umlaut
                Getting warmed up
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Big
                No offense and i dont mean to sound Anti american but u guys charge by the Gallon in the states whilst europeans get raped on petrol per liter over here..

american SUVs are a main cause of this problem... i just wish they thought about this 20-30 years ago and the oil supplys wouldnt be in as much shit for everyone around the world..
                haha... apparently we really don't care about gas price. What we care for is how much sh$t we can carry around with us. I mean, we are not skinny people, we are FAT, lazy and we love it. SUV is like having your room on wheels and we love it, we even have TV, kick ass sound system in these SUVs so we can sleep and hangout inside these things. yip! It?s your bedroom on wheels
                ThOu ShaLL Not LiStEn To BaD MusIk

Comment

• Jenks
                  I'm kind of a big deal.
                  • Jun 2004

This is the first time i've heard the metric system arguement.

Comment

• umlaut
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Jun 2004

Metric system rules!
                    ThOu ShaLL Not LiStEn To BaD MusIk

Comment

• Steve Graham
                      DJ Jelly
                      • Jun 2004

i saw one at 2.80 the other day, and it was at a station that was normally one of the cheaper ones. then up the road it was 2.54.
                      ridiculous

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                        Not cool enough
                        • Jun 2004

I got this in the mail today and think it really fits what we are speaking about here.

We need to tell these gas companies what to do with their high gas prices. There really is NO NEED for the prices to be this high. And if you come up with one...well to me that is just an excuse in favor of the gas companies to charge even more.

THIS SHIT NEEDS TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!

PUT IT ON YOUR CALENDAR FILL UP ON THE 6TH OF SEPTEMBER 2005 AND NO GAS ON THE 7TH, 8TH, OR 9TH 2005
                        ? TIRED OF THE GAS PRICES?? Let's all stand up and make a statement - we won't pay these prices.

Please fill up on the 6th of September 2005 and don't buy gas on the 7th, 8th or 9th. Have a great week!
                        ? Years back on April 30,1999 a gas-out was staged across Canada and the U.S. to bring the price of gas down, and it worked. It's time to do something again. Only this time lets make it for three days instead of just one. The so-called oil cartel decided to slow production to drive up gasoline prices.

Let's see how many Canadian/American people we can get to band together for a three-day period in September, NOT TO BUY ANY GASOLINE, during those three days. LETS HAVE A GAS OUT----September 7th, 2005 TO September 9th, 2005. Buy what you need before these dates-- or after-- but none during this time period. If you want to help, just send this to everyone you know and ask them to do the same. We brought the prices down once before, and we can do it again. Come on North America lets stand together to make a difference!

Even if you receive this 100 times keep passing it around, this way you know everyone is being informed and no one will forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                          Vortexuralizor
                          • Jun 2004

just got off the phone with my girlfriend... she said they're shutting down gas stations around atlanta because of some ruptured pipeline in new orleans. so the city is about to run out of gas. :?
                          we're not the biggest city in the country, but with 4million+ people, there's gonna be another Watts incident if there's no gas in the morning. not good.

anyone else hear reports like this?

Comment

• thesightless
                            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Big

im with you here. SUVs should only be sold to those who actually need them
                            i.e. construction companies, and people with family in wheelchairs. my mother cries about gas, but yet she still loves her G500.
                            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                              Vortexuralizor
                              • Jun 2004

i agree with that too. a lot of people in this city drive SUV's cos they look so much cooler in them. especially when they're on their cell phones racing down I-85 at 80 mph.
                              if i had my way, fat black women wouldnt be allowed within 500 yards of an SUV.

Comment

Working...