X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Jesus Christ

I'm just now finally getting back online after more than a week off (but not because of reasons directly related to Katrina). It was fucking crazy down at the Astrodome, and it's still maddening that New Orleans is only just now getting the help that should've been there hours, not a week, after the hurricane passed.

I really have no words to express my feelings about the loss of my favorite city and old stomping grounds, but I will say that I have lost what very little faith I had in any form of government these days. There is no excuse for the type of incompetence that has been exhibited at all levels of government.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

yep.

and for the record:

fuck jesse jackson!!!
    and fuck kanye west !!!

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

Sorry to hear that MJD. I think we're all in agreement here with your thoughts.
      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• SupaLindo
        Getting Somewhere
        • Aug 2005

Re: Jesus Christ

It's sad to see such a beautiful city go to shit. Hopfully when they rebuild they will actually make the bulidings to standard this time. Not to make light of the power of Katrina, but we have the ability and technology to design structures to with stand forced like this. The water of course is another issue.

Comment

• picklemonkey
          Double hoodie beer monster
          • Jun 2004

why were you at the Astrodome? did you go to help?

Comment

• runningman
            Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
            • Jun 2004

Re: Jesus Christ

fuck Kanye is right!! let's see how good his career gets now.. That stupid bitch thinks he is somebody he isn't... just because you have a couple million dollars in your account don't think that you are a baller.. there are a lot fo guys with way more money then these rappers.. its time to start shooting them again.

Comment

• Platinum
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

^^^ Kanye is an idiot, obviously in his head he thinks he has made it to some superstar level but doesnt understnad that no one cares what the fuck he says...

a couple cds doesnt make you anyone, I just read his comments again and cant believe who this guy thinks he is...
              Enjoy

Comment

• peloquin
                Till I Come!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                the astrodome is in houston is it not?

Comment

• MJDub
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                  There was a football game going on next door at Reliant Stadium, but the whole area was fucking crazy. I did give some money to them when I was down there, and as of now, I've given more than half of my clothes away to shelters. I certainly have no qualms about doing that considering that almost every evacuee has absolutely nothing now.

This whole situation is awful, and I'm eternally grateful that I have a home to come back to at night. :cry:

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• MJDub
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

I've seen deaf mutes with cerebral palsy exhibit more competence than this God damned government has in this response to Katrina. The very little faith I had in the government is now completely gone. There needs to be hell to pay by these fools in "power."

Comment

Working...