X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SupaLindo
    Getting Somewhere
    • Aug 2005

Close call...

I don't want to bring anyone's spirits down but a close friend of mind almost died in a motorcycle accident. Some of you may know Dezrok the artiest, re mixer, producer. Long story short, he has a major passion for riding and has been riding for years. Last year Desi bought an R1. He took it to 180 mph and across the country. Wouldn't you know it, it was down the block from his house a taxi blew through a stop sigh and Dezrok slammed into the driver side door flipping over the van taxi. Unbelievable to have only a broken arm + a fractured vertebra. He's expected to make a complete recovery. I'm no one to preach so I won't just wanted to share....Good Luck!!!!
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Damn, sorry to hear that. All the best to your mate.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

unbelievable he only had those injuries.
      wish him our best!

Comment

• SupaLindo
        Getting Somewhere
        • Aug 2005

Re: Close call...

Thanks, I will. He will appreciate it

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

best wishes and speedy recovery to your friend..... just for this reason I wont go back to riding motorcycles...... no spare parts for the human body
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Yao
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

I'd still like to get my motorcycle licence though...maybe get an all-road an travel Africa like that. Anyway, best wishes to your mate Lindo...when taking an exam for your driver's license they should include a chapter on vulnerable traffic participants too. Some people just seem to forget other are not as protected as they are in their cars...
            Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• shan
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

jes he is one lucky fella. I have my motorbike driving test in a couple of months. I wouldnt be a one for speeding on them though. too scary. I wish him all the best

Comment

• Kobe
                I wish I had an interesting User title
                • Jun 2004

sorry to hear about your friend, send him my best wishes for a speedy recovery, or better yet send him a stripping nurse courtesy of me

BTW, the R1 is an awesome machine
                Beats are my crack.

Comment

• miketpoto
                  Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                  • Jan 2005

Motorcycles scare the shit out of me. My cousin who was 2 months younger than me died a week before her 21st birthday in a motorcycle wreck, and I can't ever even look at one without thinking about her. Be careful guys, and remember there are lots of other assholes out there that void any guarantee that your skill and attention to safety means jack shit.....

Sorry to hear about your friend, glad to hear he's gonna be ok.

Comment

• SupaLindo
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Aug 2005

You guys are awesome, thanks for the kind wishes. We tend to take life for granted sometimes till we have a close call or worse.

Dezrok as you may or may not know has contributed to the music industry in the form of mostly remixes and production work with some names such as Hex Hector, Peter Rauhofer, Reina, Susan Palmer etc. http://www.dezrok.com/

Comment

• supaz
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Thank goodness he survived!

I had a Honda CBR 600F1 a long time ago and I had to get rid of it when I moved to Fl.

I almost got wiped out a few times on the interstate...

I lost the edge...I was holding on too tight.

Comment

• cowardly dj
                        ZangerBob
                        • Jun 2004

it is karma my friend. just because he was not driving like a mad man when the cab went through does not eliminate the possibility of karma coming back to bite his buttocks later from dangerous driving already done. I hope he considers his life being more important than a thrill ride.

hate to be the man peeing in the wheaties but I value all human life and I hope your friend feels a little more respect for the machine.

I hope a comfortable recovery
                        Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                          Double hoodie beer monster
                          • Jun 2004

I want some karma

Comment

• supaz
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

I had thousands of Karma back in the previous MS versions...

Comment

• rewing3
                              I really don't care
                              • Jun 2004

Best wishes to your friends. Hope he gets well soon. That is the main reason why I will never buy a motorcycle. They are cool and all but very unsafe now a days.
                              Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

Working...