X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Terror in the Skies... Again?

This is an article I just recieved in my email.
    Rather lengthy, but interseting. Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here is the link, instead of copying and pasting it.

P.S.
    I normally dont post in here, but I found this interesting.

• neoee
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re:: Terror in the Skies... Again?

Being Indian this kinda pisses me off. Does anyone really think that the public will just stand by if terrorists were to attempt to hijack planes again? Air martials aren't even needed. Remember that nut that tried to light off the shoe bomb? Passengers put a stop to that real quick.

This racial (skin color) profiling is only gonna make people panic for no reason while the next terrorist is probably going to be some extremist white guy.

I flew 2 months after 9/11 (to see S&D in SanFrancisco), do these people have any idea of how worried I was that someone was going to think I was some sort of terrorist? The day of 9/11 I was freaking out for my family's safety thinking some people would think we were Iraqi and attempt to cause harm (its happened to others before).

I will say I was pleasently surprised by how defensive for me my friends and some others I barely knew were when I went to a local bar a couple days later. Good to know theres some great people out there, I'm just worried about the ones in this article.

OOh and from the article:
    Before I'm labeled a racial profiler or -- worse yet -- a racist, let me add this. A month ago I traveled to India to research a magazine article I was writing. My husband and I flew on a jumbo jet carrying more than 300 Hindu and Muslim men and women on board. We traveled throughout the country and stayed in a Muslim village 10 miles outside Pakistan. I never once felt fearful. I never once felt unsafe. I never once had the feeling that anyone wanted to hurt me. This time was different.
    Yeah lady what did you expect going to India, men who were green? Its funny its nothing when you go to a place with predominantly dark skinned folks but when they are on 'your' turf you get suspecious. "Before I'm labeled a racial profiler or -- worse yet -- a racist"... you are!
    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Reads like your average short-story in a women's magazine, using recent events that really occured to add to the tension. Hell, I wouldn't be surprosed if she all made it up.
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
        Reads like your average short-story in a women's magazine, using recent events that really occured to add to the tension. Hell, I wouldn't be surprosed if she all made it up.
        Thank you, I was thinking that while I was reading. It just seemed a bit far fetched to me, or embelished. As I said I dont post in here much, as i dont like to get into political debates. I just found it interseting to see what other peoples take on the article was.

Comment

• FM
          Wooooooo!
          • Jun 2004

sounds a little silly, but I believe that most of these people will continue to act "normal" despite being "profiled." Based on that story, yea their actions I'm sure would be considered highly suspicious by some people on the aircraft...I know I might be as well a bit.

And air martials still fly planes today...probably just not as many as before, but they're still placed on various flights.
          FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
          "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
          Facebook!
          A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• brakada
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

P A R A N O I A !!!!!

One advice: do not hire Syrian musicians...
            We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."

Comment

Working...