X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nbpgt
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

i just quit my job...

well not just now. i dropped the '2 week' line 2 weeks ago & today was my last day.. i havent been around here lately mostly cause i have been moonlighting to get my next venture off the ground. so i may be done with corporate america for a while as i am now going to be working from home for myself.. rock on.
  • neoee
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Good luck on your next venture. I really wish I could just quit. Maybe I'll win the lotto or something one of these days.
    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• FM
      Wooooooo!
      • Jun 2004

same here...but I'm so pigenholed financially right now that it would be really painful if I did quit...:?

Just have to keep applying and hope I can get something better out there...though that work-at-home bit always is intriguing enough...
      FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
      "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
      Facebook!
      A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• sakio pod
        SALAD TOSSER
        • Jun 2004

good job.......i love putting in my two weeks

Comment

• diskofreak
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Re: i just quit my job...

i would loove to quit my job and work at home.. im looking for a new one.. what kind of buisness are you going to be doing from home?

Comment

• il manzo
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

I want to do the same (journalist here).
            But in Italy job scene is so worrying.

Comment

• qwerty2222
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

i always hate it when i have to quit a job, not much fun searching for jobs these days

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

Fuck that rocks dude, really good for you man...... it's great to work for yourself, you like what you do and you dont have anyone to "manage" what you are doing..... good one mate...
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                Originally posted by ace_dl
                Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• nbpgt
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

i draw houses in cad. i am still in the beginning stages of getting a few clients together through contacts to provide steady work. i like what i do & have the drive & discipline to work from home. i actually prefer it so i dont have to listen to some coworkers lame jokes, weak sense of humor, & stories i barely care about. i always kept to myself & cranked the headphones really loud so i wasnt distracted by the above mentioned. thankfully my field of work somewhat enables me to work for myself at home. thx guys.

Comment

• daveman
                    I love the colors!!!
                    • Jul 2005

as a fellow cad monkey I wish you the best of luck. a suggestion. you can freelance your cad skills to apartment complexs to help them with marketing. you document the plans and set up 8.5x11 plots that they can hand out to people who are interested in renting. If you pitch that you can set up PDF's that can be downloaded from the web. well that right there will make convince most complex owners. this kinda set up is ideal because they don't know much about cad and probably won't bust your balls because it doesn't look to great or measure out 100% correctly.

if you have amazing skills in 3D rendering you can also market yourself to small arch firms to help them create renderings. expert firms in NYC can get up to $10,000 for a single computer rendered image.

there are a number of ways to set yourself up doing cad work from home. just gotta stay focused while working.
                    once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• Garrick
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

lots of room to grow in dallas. good luck, n. are you going to try to stick to mostly local stuff around the DFW area?
                      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• nbpgt
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

daveman. the software i have does 3d rendering along with the other things autocad does. unfortunately i havent loaded the most up to date program on my cpu yet (maybe this weekend), not to mention learn it so i can use it to its full potential. if you draw everything right & input the correct information, it can export a bill of materials for framing & lumber to pdf, excel, etc. & block counts for estimating/purchasing.

as far as the apartment thing goes, i have a friend that moved to colorado that would draw floor plans for individual rooms for resorts & other hotels in a local area, & he got free room, ski pass, & a ton of cash money for the season. & like you said that is some easy f'in work cause most of them know jack about the presentation & could careless about scaling. & replicating a floorplan is easy work. & dallas is apartment haven. they are everywhere. i just need to do a lil research to find a way in the apartment arena, cause that wasnt the 1st time i thought of wrangling them. thanks for the suggestion though.

Comment

• nbpgt
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

garrick. dallas has got more than enough land to support even crazier growth. for now, i will stay mostly local, but i got hookin in with a builder that does houston, san antonio, austin & dallas currently. & is looking into moving to the atlanta, & carolina markets, along with a few others out west. i also have a few ties to louisiana which i may explore in the future. but when going into other markets out of state, i would have to do some research for elevation styles, local codes, customers local expectations, etc. so that can be a big leap at first & isnt out of the realm of possiblities.

Comment

• Yao
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

hope that works out for ya man.

Working for myself now as well, though more in the realm of simply hoping to finance my studies with some webdesign and flyer design and stuff. I've been giving myself a second study myself. Going a little slower than with some courses, but the real study must get finished before I can take courses in this stuff.

But...working home is FREEDOM dude. It can get boring at times, but make your hours and be sure to take your relaxing time with friends & outdoors. All will be fine then
                            Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• remoh
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

good luck bro!! like yao said, keep the focus. set up a schedule for your self and keep organized..its really easy to stray when you dont have checks and balances. well i gues paying rent is a good check and balance ..personally i dont think i could work from home, i need to be around people or i get bored..
                              [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
                              |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

Working...