X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Progressivey
    Getting Somewhere
    • Nov 2021

The GU 24 7 Tour sets

In September 2003, Howells & gang again took the GU vibe down under for the Global Underground 24:7 tour. Below you can find:

1. Howells' rocker at Canberra from Sep. 12
    Danny Howells - .AUdio, Proton Radio (30.09.2003) (Part 2 - Live @ GU 24 7 Tour, Anu Bar & Refectory, Canberra, Australia (12.09.2003) (Part 1))

Danny Howells - .AUdio, Proton Radio (30.09.2003) (Part 3 - Live @ GU 24 7 Tour, Anu Bar & Refectory, Canberra, Australia (12.09.2003) (Part 2))

FYI, you see Part 2/3 here, those are the radio show parts. Robbie Lowe used to host .AUdio back in the day and haing guests. This is circulating around as Version 2 according to MixesDB, You can combine it to have 2:47:49 mix. Will upload Version 1 (2:48:50-smth) whenever I get to it.

2. Robbie Lowes' hot as cakes warmup from Sydney for the Sounds on Sunday gig from Sep. 14 same month
    Robbie Lowe - .AUdio, Proton Radio (03.10.2003) (Part 1 - Live @ GU 24 7, Sounds on Sunday, Sydney, Australia (14.09.2003) (Warmup for Howells))

Those were aired on .AUdio as usual, date 1 indicates radio broadcast into date 2 > show recording. Hopefully uploading Proton classics here isn't bad, most if not all aren't even available anymore besides people having them stored on their drives. Aware of the frisky situation from years ago.

IF THOSE AREN'T TO BE UPLOADED HERE FOR SOME REASON, LEMME KNOW TO REMOVE THE LINKS.
  • psybangas
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2006

Re: The GU 24 7 Tour sets

Thanks for sharing these. Ah yes I remember this time in my life fondly... A great era, and yes I was lucky enough to see him (Howells) play upstairs at the old Roxy venue in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane around the same time. What an amazing DJ and label (GU) back in the day. Think I almost wore out my original copy of 24 7 on CD from playing that much, if I remember correctly.

As for Proton Radio, well it too was once the go to choice for great streaming sets back in those days. But sadly I think we can all agree it was overtaken by frisky Radio in the end with a far superior business model and choice of artists featuring in monthly shows etc. I can't see a problem with you sharing theses sets as I'm sure we all can agree the "no frisky Radio sets" rule has been contravened here so many times it's humourous you even bother to mention it.

That being said... Thanks again! Like I said, great tunes and memories listening to these sets again after 20 years... They still crank!

Comment

• Progressivey
      Getting Somewhere
      • Nov 2021

True that, true that.

I do have lot more to sort through.

Comment

• Micko
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

Looking forward to checking these mixes out - couldn't get enough of the GU series

Cheers

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Nov 2013

Is this different from this one, I have the 320kbps if no one has it

There was also this, but I don't think this it was ever released, I can up load it.

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫

There was also this, but I don't think this it was ever released, I can up load it.
            https://www.mixesdb.com/w/2003-09-14...Sunday,_Sydney
            Please upload both my friend

The ANU you have is higher quality but it is the same set. it was originally aired on Proton Radio in 2003.
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by ddr;[URL="tel:1243698"
              1243698[/URL]]Please upload both my friend

The ANU you have is higher quality but it is the same set. it was originally aired on Proton Radio in 2003.
              Listen to 2003-09-12 - Danny Howells @ GU 24-7 Tour ANU Canberra [320kbps] by Everybody Wants To Be The DJ on hearthis.a

Comment

• ddr
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Thank you!! The other one is next?

Comment

• Progressivey
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Nov 2021

1. I suppose the Canberra one is the same, just in 2 parts instead of one big file.

2. Also broadcast on .AUdio series (as Lowe warmup indicates). Not released AFAIK.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Progressivey;[URL="tel:1243702"
                    1243702[/URL]]1. I suppose the Canberra one is the same, just in 2 parts instead of one big file.

2. Also broadcast on .AUdio series (as Lowe warmup indicates). Not released AFAIK.
                    Yeah, but the one that I added is 320kbps

Comment

• Progressivey
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Nov 2021

Got you. I have habit of storing everything in 128kbps for years.

Comment

• Hydrosonic
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jul 2004

Brilliant. Thank you. One of my favourite sets but I only had the 128kbps version, then a few years later I found a 197kbps one...
                        320 requester

Comment

• ddr
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Can this one be uploaded Chris?

Comment

• progressive420
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

I fucking love Danny's GU 24:7 mix, especially the first cd. I have always had the Canberra set since it played on Proton but have not often listened to it. I am now, its long overdue to binge on. I saw Danny at the HOB in New Orleans that year for the GU tour and even snatch a GU 24:7 poster off the wall, which is now framed and hanging next to me in my home office. Also, super thanks for the 320Kbs version, I always thought I had it, but turns out I still only have the 192 version. My day just got better
                            "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• GrantT
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

Interesting that from so long ago that the original recordings I did off the mixer of these sets are getting the attention deserved. :-) Fantastic artists and awesome gigs! Pleased to have been there.
                              Australia's best - .AUdio on www.protonradio.com

Comment

Working...