X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mixu
    Travel Guru Extraordinaire
    • Jun 2004

Re: digweed predicts the death of vinyl

vinyl is the best thing in tne world... a;part fopm beer and women. And sandwiches. I'm goignt to bed. good night nice poeple, stop showing offd
    Ask me a question...

Comment

• etincelles
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2005

Last edited by etincelles; March 24, 2010, 03:13:09 PM.

Comment

• nicomax
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

That's quite obvious, isn't it?
        Nicomax

Comment

• evangelion
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

When I travel I meet so many different DJs in places like Buenos Aires, and for them to buy a Bedrock 12? vinyl, by the time you?ve added up the import costs, the packaging, the shipping etc, they could be paying over $15 for one 12? record. Or, they could go onto Bedrock.org.uk and buy the same track for a pound.
          And there it is in a nutshell people. Just like anything else...it all comes down to money. But even then, could anyone honestly say they could listen to a set, and judging by quality of track selection alone, tell if it was vinyl or digital?? And isn't quality of track selection what really matters?? Bring it on...I say. I've never spun, so I don't have any attachements to the nostalgia of vinyl. The possiblities opened by digtal music are way more intiguing to me.

Comment

• itsjung
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

not to mention its a bitch to carry around...all those records around with you.

i can't believe even digweed has finally said this !!

now only if we could solve the problem of whether a vinyl does sound "fresher" than a cd.

Comment

• medway
              Fresh Peossy
              • Oct 2005

Deffinatly don't like the sound quality but the conveince and cost has deffinatly got me hooked on them. I did read a quote from diggers saying there was no quality loss which kind of suprised me. Figured even supporters of CD's admit to that generally.
              www.medwaystudios.com

Comment

• GregWhelan
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

I am reaching a point now where I have to decide what I want to do with my dj'ing. I have bought only 6 records in the past 12 months, mainly due to financial issues. Also because my town has no scene and it's hard to break that.

The only reason I am deciding against selling my decks is because at least once a fortnight I will come in half pissed and muck about on them - just the other night I found a load of my old records in my mums loft and I spent about 6 hours mixing them up, had great fun.

But sooner or later I need to decide if i want to sell them and get cdj's or just sell them and blow the money on an iPod or something.

Can anyone clarify - am I right in saying that people are buying mp3 versions of tracks off of Beatport (for example), burning it to cd, then playing their whole set from cdj's?Or am I missing a vital component somewhere?

Comment

Working...