X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Shure e2c or e3c?

I need advice from those of you using these in-canal earphones. I done my research on the Etymotic 6i, the Shure E2c and E3c.

I'm leaning towards the Shures, but stuck between the E2c and E3c. They will be attached to a 4th gen 20gb iPod.

Assuming if you own either the Shure E2c or the E3c and you would've listened to progressive house at some point in your life with them, which of the two would you recommend?

(Price is obviously a factor but if the E3c comes highly recommended, I rather spend a bit more and invest in good sound. Having said that, if there is not much difference between the E2c and the E3c when used on portable players while commuting, I might as well save the money and go for the E2c)

And I can't test them, so any advice will be appreciated

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • asdf_admin
    i use to be important
    • Jun 2004

Re: Shure e2c or e3c?

herm. i heard they take some time to get use to ... but after some fine tuning and learning how to place them in your ears they are just perfect. I have never tried them ... but i was going to get E2c ... just because of cost. If you are a "high" sound fan ... might as well fork over the bucks for a pair of E3c's.
    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

I've got the E2C's and can't imagine what the extra money would buy if I'd gotten the E3C's. The E2C's are phenomenal and are the greatest investment I've made since getting my iPod in the first place. I used to think that the headphones that came with it were pretty good, but after hearing sound through these puppies I realize that it's like the difference between listening to an 8-Track and a CD. Anything else is just sound in your ears, the Shure's are a concert in your head. Didn't take any time to get used to at all. I fiddled around with the various end pieces they give you and found that the medium-sized orange foam cylinders work the best for me.
      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• dvs
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

I have the Shure e2c attached to my 20gb ipod and love them! paid $68 thru amazon for them...
        "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"the progressive sound will not come back because it's already here; you just need to search for it." - Mo Shic

Comment

• dvs
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

the orange pieces i found fit the best also....
          "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"the progressive sound will not come back because it's already here; you just need to search for it." - Mo Shic

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Thanks guys, sounds like the E2c does an adequate job ... guess it's a case of good vs better.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• dasbooyah
              Addiction started
              • Aug 2005

kick in a few more bucks and pick up the etymotic er-4p. they will change your listening experience.
              "...this is how i like to dj, i just like playing the good stuff."
              -Digweed

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

The er4 are quite a bit more than "a few more bucks" though. I'm being careful with plonking down money on the earphones because reviews have been quite polarized, and these 'phones seem to be more made for acoustic/classical music.

And 99% of the music I listen to are electronic, bassy music; and I've read the er4's are more known for their midrange and highs and the incredible level of details, but not bass.

What about Ultimate Ears' 5eb or 5pro (ok the 5pro are in the same price range as the er4, so maybe scratch that)? Read on iLounge that the UE 5 series are very good with bass. The reason UE 'phones are low on my list is because I can't get them in Singapore. I'd have to order them online.

Comment

• dasbooyah
                  Addiction started
                  • Aug 2005

yea i understand the er-4p are quite a bit more than the shures. i've actually listened to the er-4p (connected to the ipod) while playing 'love in traffic' and fabric 20. i couldn't believe the level of detail in these gameboy looking canals. i thought i was listening to a new song. it almost feels like i kinda understand what a dj is thinking about when he creates a song.

i'm little surprised people still question the etys.

i'm not soo much into canals as i am with headphones, but the etys are unbelievable.
                  "...this is how i like to dj, i just like playing the good stuff."
                  -Digweed

Comment

Working...