• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qwerty2222
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

steve lawler near death experience

taken from an article at trustthedj.com

Space Ibiza?s superstar resident DJ Steve Lawler chatted to Skrufff this week about his upcoming compilation album Lights Out 3 and revealed that he was almost murdered when still a teenager, in a savage attack in his home town of Birmingham.

?When I was eighteen or nineteen I was seriously beaten up and put into intensive care on one occasion. It happened in a bar,? said Steve.

?It was by someone I know but I can?t really divulge any more details, it?s something that might come out in a book I the future and I?ve been told not to discuss it specifically in interviews.?

?When you experience these kind of situations I think there?s always something good that comes out of it,? the 30 something producer added, ?You tend to value things a lot more than most people tend to.?

Steve was chatting to Skrufff from his secluded villa in Ibiza where he?s just completed a successful series of Thursday night parties with Sasha (called Viva) though he admitted his day to day lifestyle remains chaotic rather than controlled.

?It?s not easy and in fact I?ve probably spent the last seven years of my life living as unhealthily as I possibly could,? said Steve.

?I love what I do, but this whole lifestyle is a lot harder than people imagine, people don?t understand until they actually do it, spending your whole life on tour,? he continued. ?It?s incredibly tough but there?s a lot of rewards for it so it goes both ways.?

http://http://www.trustthedj.com/SKR...p?news_id=4479

• asdf_admin
    i use to be important
    • Jun 2004

Re: steve lawler near death experience

wow.
    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• rewing3
      I really don't care
      • Jun 2004

Interestiong story.
      Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• petesbeats
        Soccer 4 EVA
        • Sep 2005

Quality Jock. Saw him at Viva 2 weeks ago with Alex Neri and Steve tore the roof off. Well impressed me like every other time ive seen him.

Good job he didn't die. Would have been a waste!
        Loose Lipped Controller in da Mothafukin Hizzows!!

Comment

• remoh
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

thats why he likes it dark and twisted.. like batman!! ... i am steve lawler (in a batman voice), to the dj both!
          [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
          |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• berps
            Gold Gabber
            • Jul 2004

i seen him at viva 08/09/05 he was wicked good to see him back on the terrace. Off up to see him play shindig @ digital newcastle be good to hear him on that funktion one system jesus its loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!

berps

shit did that make me sound old???it wasnt ment too!!!!!!

NEXT STOP LAWLERLAND @ DIGITAL, NEWCASTLE 24TH SEPT 2005
            "IM GETTING CAKED@THEWEEKEND!!!!!!!!! "

Comment

• liquidsky
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

The time that Steve Lawler opened for Danny Tenaglia @ Roxy here in NYC was a LETHAL night of drums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• cowardly dj
                ZangerBob
                • Jun 2004

sound like someone needs a hug
                Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.

Comment

• groffhibbitz
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

I've never seen Lawler live but I've heard many good things about it... I always end up being busy when he comes to town..

Comment

• saturdaynightlotion
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Aug 2005

I'd have to say that's a fairly boring story: so he got beat up in a bar, big fucking deal! The only reason this is shocking is because we don't often or ever hear of DJs getting hurt - the last time I remember that happening is John 'OO' Fleming getting F'd up in a boating accident this summer. But the fact that Lawler is speaking about a teenage experience, AND that he can't divulge any more info but that it 'might come out in a book', AND that his Lights Out GU comps suck, AND that I highly doubt he's worth of a (auto)biography make this non-news.

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

wait so he had an NDE cause he got into a fight ?? if thats the case let me start my 200 post thread about NDE's
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                      Originally posted by ace_dl
                      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

Working...