X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Galapidate
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re: Record labels that send out promos?

Ok, I just started receiving some e-mails back, which is good. Two labels said they can send me promos via the Internet, and two others said they'd put me on their "waiting list" for their promo mailing list. Although this is some progress, it looks like I have a lot more work to do :P

Comment

• Galapidate
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Hmm, this got me thinking. I'd probably have a better chance dealing with major distributors rather than individual record labels, since there'd be too much cost in sending promos from the latter as opposed to the former. I've already contacted Astralwerks, Systematic and Thrive, but what other distributors/major labels do you guys know of that carry electronic music?

Comment

• The One
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Distributors for the most part do not promo labels releases - that isnt part of their obligations to a label and its down the labels to promote releases and obtain and collate date for sales notes. As I said in my last post - unless you can highlight to labels or anyone else for that matter why they should send promos to you when they said no to John Doe from Buttfuck, Arkansas who wanted some for his radio show, then I dont see your chances as being great.

Bottom line - most established labels promo lists are already at capacity, and unless you can convince most of these or any other label that runs a tight ship that it will be more beneficial to them than it is to you, then most of them will likely put you on a waiting list / not reply / say no (delete where applicable).

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

most of these labels will only send you an internet site where you can download the tracks. They will not send you vinyl unless you are very well known. way to go with your venture.
          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
          My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...