X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Big
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2004

going clubbing and getting older?

just looking at another thread there.. i love the nightlife..

I mean it got me thinking, does it get harder as u get older constantly boozing.. it just interests me how much everyone else does every weekend..

I know im irish and live in dublin so were known as heavy drinkers but still.ok here was my weekend and how much i drank. it started on thursday.

ok left work, starting drinking at 7pm had 6 bottles of corona. got to a girls party i was going too at around 9 had about 5 more pints.. left there about 11 and went to a club had maybe another pint or two and about 3vodkas and got home at 4am..

Woke up on friday with a stinking hangover.. didnt go to work as i was fucked up. waited a couple of hours and started drinking 6pm, went to dinner with a couple of mates had about 4pints. went to a pub around 730 had another 5 pints.left at about 10 and went to another girls party where had 2pints and a vodka.. went to a club about 1230 and had another couple of pints and some more vodka.. home at 430am..

Woke up at 10 on saturday morning another stinking hangover.. waited a couple of hours and my mate came in.. started drinking at 7 and 9cans of beer.. went to a club about 1130, had a triple JD and coke and a another pint.. left there and went to another club and had another double JD and coke.. left that place at 330am...met some random girl and went to a wine bar and had a bottle of wine with her till 430.. got her back to my place and was up with her till 7am doing the bad thing..

woke up at 10am and went for breakfast... i mean thats a normal weekend for me.. im 25 and have been doing this for the last 8years without fail.. i feel as if im going to burn out.. i mean when i was in college.. id be doing this 4-5 nigths a week, i think im getting older. im glad im not a drugtaker cause i know id crash...

so how was ur weekend?
    www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
    Pimps up Hoes down.
  • Kinetic
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: going clubbing and getting older?

Ah...that description reminds of how most of my weekends were until 5 years ago...

Look, I?m 30 now, I?ve got wife and kids, so I go clubbing and drinking a lot less than I used to, but even so, I can tell you that hangovers now are much worse and seem to last longer.

I mean, let?s say I go out and drink 4 or 5 vodkas (my drink of choice along with whiskey) and a couple beers...I?ll go to bed at 6 a.m., wake up around 1 p.m. (because my wife forces me to) and I?ll still be drunk (well, queasy at leat, because it?s a lot harder fo me to get drunk nowadays), and I?ll stay like that until say...dinner time..that?s when the hangover sets in, and it?ll last until the next morning!!!

So you see, I get drunk on a saturday night and I?ll go to work on monday with a hangover...

My stomach also usually feels a lot worse than it used to...it used to be that I could gobble 10 pints (no joke) one night and wake up quite ok, not having the shits or anything...now...well, I won?t even go there...

Still, when I remember that I used to go out on weeknights too, and get late to work, totally hungover and fucked up, I don?t miss it. I also don?t miss that period when I would wake up and have my hands and knees shaking until lunch time, when I would drink my 1st beer of the day.

IMO, you shouldn?t start worrying right now. Enjoy it.
    "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
    http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• Mr.Big
      Platinum Poster
      • Nov 2004

well im not worrying about it at all but my hangovers last till about tuesdays which suck balls and i havent seen a solid shit in ages now.. :wink:

i mean i know ill still be getting my party on when im 30 but id say ill find it harder.. glad to see ur still out with ur wive by ur side.. thats better than most.
      Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

My weekend was getting huge boxes crammed into a comparitively small car and moving them back and forth from storage to new (shithole) aparment. If you're drinking your guts out, its good cause believe me you'll hit a stage and it'll be..... aahh fuck it I'm just gonna light up, sit at home and put me headphones on.....

Originally posted by Kinetic
        but even so, I can tell you that hangovers now are much worse and seem to last longer.
        BING-FUCKING-O
        I got shit canned 2 weekends ago (the last Friday of a 2 month stay back home) with my brother, came back home swirling like a whirlwind, puked all over the bedroom and my lovely wife had to clean it up. I hated that the most but I cant even tell you the life sized hangover I had the next morning.... felt like I had been shot in the head....

overall once you're married, clubbing does tend to reduce.... ESP if your better half isn't really into the music..... so while you're still 25 and unmarried, I say keep up those weekends
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Mr.Big
          Platinum Poster
          • Nov 2004

i mean dont get me wrong i love going out and getting wasted...just wanted to hear other peoples views. its also funny hearing storys of people getting so fucked and puking and shitting everywhere.. haha

hell brotha ive been there many a time myself..
          Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• shan
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

enjoy it while it last mate but beware burning the candle at both ends every week cant be good for you.

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

last six months i've been paupering my way through life, but shortly i'll plan a good proggy night out and get wasted beyond belief. I wanna go bad with the women, get slapped in the face and puke all over the place. Just because it's been so long.
              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Mr.Big
                Platinum Poster
                • Nov 2004

nice Yao... get slapped in the face and puke all over the place ... ur a poet and u dont know it..
                Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
                  last six months i've been paupering my way through life, but shortly i'll plan a good proggy night out and get wasted beyond belief. I wanna go bad with the women, get slapped in the face and puke all over the place. Just because it's been so long.
                  I guess going to bed with the men got a bit old, no?

Comment

• thesightless
                    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                    • Jun 2004

there are only two factors to consider IMHO.

1. do you have children? if yes, then tone it down and deal with them. if your 22 or 52. they come first.

2. you are only as old as you feel. im 25 and feel like im 60. i have an uncle who is mid 40's and can party for days.
                    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

Originally posted by thesightless
                      2. you are only as old as you feel. im 25 and feel like im 60. i have an uncle who is mid 40's and can party for days.
                      china white imo
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                      Originally posted by ace_dl
                      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• picklemonkey
                        Double hoodie beer monster
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Encryption
                        came back home swirling like a whirlwind, puked all over the bedroom and my lovely wife had to clean it up.
                        I hate when that happens... but I never have a woman by my side to clean it up you lucky SOB.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                          i use to be important
                          • Jun 2004

Woke up on friday with a stinking hangover.
                          they come easier now. i use to be aable to pop an advil and some water and boom gone. now i am trying to pick up my face at the front door. indeed. getting old sucks. but it is also fun to yell at the young. i would rather be wise then young. i can tell you that.
                          dead, yet alive.

Comment

• jbmurphy
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jun 2004

When are you too old to go to a club?

Comment

• thesightless
                              Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                              • Jun 2004

never. Les Paul plays a monthly in NYC and there are plenty of oldies chilling out and enjoying a nice scotch. now a 72 yr old in front of the booth at crobar is a bit different.
                              your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                              download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...