• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krelm
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re:: The truth about John Kerry.

Originally posted by ?ddie
    And don't forget, he used to do coke and can't say the word 'nuclear'.
    "It's nukular dummy, the 'S' is silent."
    - Peter Griffin

I thought a little Family Guy would be appropriate in this thread right about now.
    Broken Symmetry on mcast.mercuryserver.com

www.krelmatrix.com - archives & mixes
    www.myspace.com/satansfluffer - general tomfoolery

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
    - Stimutacs

Comment

• ekm
      Getting warmed up
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by krelm
      "It's nukular dummy, the 'S' is silent."
      - Peter Griffin

I thought a little Family Guy would be appropriate in this thread right about now.

^^^^ good call.

I believe that it takes a certain type of person to want, and have the ability, to become President. I also believe that this type of person inherently has some perhaps major flaws. It was often the story in Greek tragedies that the characteristic that made a person great, is also the reason for their downfall.

I think that the real question should be not who has larger character flaws, but who's flaws are going to impact the country in a less negative way. Personally, I think arrogance has really hurt America, and we will be feeling the sting for a long time regardless of who wins in November. That said, I can deal with the potential short comings of Kerry.

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ekm
        Personally, I think arrogance has really hurt America, and we will be feeling the sting for a long time regardless of who wins in November.
        I would agree, although I would add that I think the best way to try to rebuild some bridges sooner rather than later would be to get a new person in office. Like it or not, Bush is, for much of the world, the personification of America -- an America that has ignored the wishes of much of the rest of the world, tortured Iraqis, etc. Just getting a new face could be the first step in saying to the world that we're discarding that part of our past -- as long as he's our figurehead, I would think it will be difficult for much of the world, particulrly the Arab community, to trust us...

Just a thought.

Comment

• Jenks
          I'm kind of a big deal.
          • Jun 2004

Toasty, might kerry picking a fierce litigator have persuaded your decision to the left?

After all, it IS the republicans who want to put a cap on malpractice lawsuits, and we know where Edwards is on this one. lol.

:wink:

Comment

• MJDub
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
            I would agree, although I would add that I think the best way to try to rebuild some bridges sooner rather than later would be to get a new person in office. Like it or not, Bush is, for much of the world, the personification of America -- an America that has ignored the wishes of much of the rest of the world, tortured Iraqis, etc. Just getting a new face could be the first step in saying to the world that we're discarding that part of our past -- as long as he's our figurehead, I would think it will be difficult for much of the world, particulrly the Arab community, to trust us...

Just a thought.
            Hear here. It's pretty obvious that Bush has no friends abroad except for Blair and the Saudi royal family. He doesn't have many friends here for that matter either, except for corporate weinies whom he's in bed with. We definitely need change in the White House. Even if it isn't the best change, we need change.
            http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

I'm pretty much a one issue voter, and when Bush and his camp are hell-bent on fucking up my way of life, it makes my voting decision very easy. I'm actually more of a centrist and not a huge Kerry fan (although I do like Edwards -- wish the ticket was flipped), but the Dems could put anyone on the ticket and I'd still vote for him/her.

I would add, however, that despite my one-track mind when it comes to voting my wallet, I'd probably vote against Bush (note: as opposed to for Kerry) regardless. I voted for him in 2000 and have regretted it ever since. The guy's a complete boob...

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

i too vote with my wallet.

democrats want healthcare reform, which could seriously put a damper on my business.

republicans want to cap corporate litigation and med mal, which could seriously put a damper on yours.

so looks like we'll be voting to cancel each others vote...lol, why don't we make a day of it, get some beers, go cancel each others vote, and cook a big fucking cow or hog in honor of our votes not counting.

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                  so looks like we'll be voting to cancel each others vote...lol, why don't we make a day of it, get some beers, go cancel each others vote, and cook a big fucking cow or hog in honor of our votes not counting.
                  Sounds like a plan.

I dig the new avatar, by the way...

Comment

Working...