MIRAGE by HENRY SAIZ - 5th Edition "The Dream" - AI Audiovisual Show @ Buenos Aires

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knightsfan87
    Platinum Poster
    • Apr 2010

MIRAGE by HENRY SAIZ - 5th Edition "The Dream" - AI Audiovisual Show @ Buenos Aires

Henry posted his 5th Mirage from Buenos Aires, on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSwA...nnel=HenrySaiz

Have uploaded a recording if anyone wants to download - https://www.mediafire.com/file/gbj0w..._2023.mp3/file

Looks like YouTube have moved to the Opus codec, accoridng to Stats for Nerds on the video anyway.
  • psybangas
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2006

Re: MIRAGE by HENRY SAIZ - 5th Edition "The Dream" - AI Audiovisual Show @ Buenos Air

Looks like YouTube have moved to the Opus codec
    Are you sure about that?

Sure.jpg

Comment

• psybangas
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2006

Re: MIRAGE by HENRY SAIZ - 5th Edition "The Dream" - AI Audiovisual Show @ Buenos Air

Your mp3 copy side by side comparison with the opus source.

Sidebyside.jpg

Sidebyside2.jpg

Thanks but I know which file I'll be keeping.

Comment

• Knightsfan87
        Platinum Poster
        • Apr 2010

I don't really understand the info in your first post? Would you mind explaining?

Feel free to post the Opus file if it's of better quality.

Comment

• psybangas
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Knightsfan87
          I don't really understand the info in your first post? Would you mind explaining?
          Okay, the screenshot shows the "Available formats" for the YouTube video you posted and yes the "best quality" is in fact Opus audio at 131kbps (48kHz). However, the screenshot also shows audio available in M4A. A quick internet search will reveal "In late 2014 and 2015, Google's video platform started offering Opus audio along with VP9 video in the WebM file format, through DASH streaming." So not exactly something that happened recently or a limiting factor when choosing a format to listen to (or download for that matter).

My point is, streaming the Opus file and encoding an MP3 in 320kbps, while great for playback compatibility in the case of a file download, creates a file that contains wasted file size and inferior audio quality to that acoustic spectrum contained in the source file itself. This is illustrated in the above post.

Bottom line is, as the saying goes, "Quality is not an act, it's a habit." And my settled tendency is to download the best quality file I can, everytime. Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UDq...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

• Knightsfan87
            Platinum Poster
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by psybangas
            Okay, the screenshot shows the "Available formats" for the YouTube video you posted and yes the "best quality" is in fact Opus audio at 131kbps (48kHz). However, the screenshot also shows audio available in M4A. A quick internet search will reveal "In late 2014 and 2015, Google's video platform started offering Opus audio along with VP9 video in the WebM file format, through DASH streaming." So not exactly something that happened recently or a limiting factor when choosing a format to listen to (or download for that matter).

My point is, streaming the Opus file and encoding an MP3 in 320kbps, while great for playback compatibility in the case of a file download, creates a file that contains wasted file size and inferior audio quality to that acoustic spectrum contained in the source file itself. This is illustrated in the above post.

Bottom line is, as the saying goes, "Quality is not an act, it's a habit." And my settled tendency is to download the best quality file I can, everytime. Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UDq...w?usp=drivesdk
            Thanks for explaining.

As I've mentioned before, I'm not downloading these files, rather recording them & the software is automatically doing so in mp3 format. It's obviously just picking up whatever is playing, if that makes sense.

Jaksta unfortunately doesn't work on Mac, otherwise I'd just download these files like you guys are. If you know of any alternatives, let me know,

Comment

• Knightsfan87
              Platinum Poster
              • Apr 2010

I have uploaded what I think is the warm up set before Henry came on. I've converted to mp3.

Luciano Lozz - https://www.mediafire.com/file/5r1uo..._2023.mp3/file

Comment

Working...