Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Passwords? NO MORE?

200ish

Comment

• TomTom
      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
      • May 2002

Originally posted by teeeb0r
      how many posts can i type, to get access to the download area?
      Please check our FAQ section: http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...faq_item#faq_1

Comment

• il manzo
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

Don't like THAT sarcastic

Comment

• TomTom
          Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
          • May 2002

huh?

Comment

• FM
            Wooooooo!
            • Jun 2004

200ish wasn't good enough...-1
            FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
            "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
            Facebook!
            A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
              • Jun 2004

LOL I guess you can't please everyone hey!

One small request by me though...

Is it still necessary to rename the mp3s? I understand the need for it on where the files used to be hosted, but does this still apply?

Other than that keep up the amazing work guys, it feels like Christmas having the old style board back, I love it, and as a result I'm gonna splurge out on a whacky avatar too!

<===
              "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

I still have not been able to dissect the functionality of the link protector for the sets and I still dont know why the file extensions are wiped out but I suspect its all a protection mechanism for the sets hosted.....

do you know that on the last version of the forums, the downloads page was showing only 200 downloads but the stats software showed nearly 5 times the amount for hits to the sets. People were blatantly stealing the links and sharing them via PMs on private boards. Sorry in order to make things safer, we had to make them a tad harder, but it just had to be done

not meaning to make this a saturday morning rant, just hoping to shed some light on why it is the way it is
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                Originally posted by ace_dl
                Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• FM
                  Wooooooo!
                  • Jun 2004

might actually be better though to wipe out the file extensions...it'll make renaming them a bit more easier for those who don't have the extensions turned on in Windoze...
                  FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                  "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                  Facebook!
                  A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Encryption
                    do you know that on the last version of the forums, the downloads page was showing only 200 downloads but the stats software showed nearly 5 times the amount for hits to the sets. People were blatantly stealing the links and sharing them via PMs on private boards. Sorry in order to make things safer, we had to make them a tad harder, but it just had to be done

Hey E here's an interesting point. Could download managers be attributable for the figures been that high? When I use reget it opens up 20 connections to a download usually, this would add 10 to the hit count but not the download page right? Often I don't finish the download and turn the computer off, meaning next time I turn it on your hit count goes up by another 20 just for me to complete the download. Technically it can be more than 20 hits for one download since when it completes a part it starts again.
                    "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

Working...