X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarble187
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    • Sep 2004

A question of Ethics

I'm signed up on websites to recieve e-mail notifications of job openings in my field of work. Today, I recieved an e-mail for an opening in a firm that happens to be right across the street. Its the same job, architectural intern / drafter, but pays $6,000 a year more. I live in a small town, so its not ethical for me to quit and walk across the street to take the position. What do you guys think?
    Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011
  • dvs
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: A question of Ethics

take the job if u think it offers better opportunities/advancements down the road
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"the progressive sound will not come back because it's already here; you just need to search for it." - Mo Shic

Comment

• maddlingo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

I don't see anything unethical about working for a competing company regardless where they are located. If you get the job and your present employer wants to keep you, than they will match the offer. I say you take the opportunity.
      "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• razvan
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

I think you should check first so that there won't be any surprises with this new firm. If it is all ok and you are sure it's "safe" do it ... go to them!

I said you should check because in case something doesn't go well ... and your current employer finds out that you wanted to switch you may loose both ... or at least you won't be treated as well as you are now at your current job.
        "I don't know what will be used in the next world war, but the 4th will be fought with stones."

Comment

• cowardly dj
          ZangerBob
          • Jun 2004

Ethics only plays a part if the job is "questionalbe" or perhaps if it entails terrorism:wink:
          Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.

Comment

• shosh
            Banned
            • Jun 2004

It's very ethical. You're not doing anything thats wrong. Although there could be certain conflicts of interests, but if you manage to keep everything straight, go for the money! Be greedy!

Comment

• thesightless
              Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
              • Jun 2004

god.................... you need to talk to E, and get tickets to my lecture.

ALWAYS TAKE THE MONEY.

jeez. GOSH.
              your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
              download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                i use to be important
                • Jun 2004

Besides the money is there anything else better? Better location, bigger office, windows, AC, cool people, etc?
                dead, yet alive.

Comment

• jarble187
                  vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin
                  Besides the money is there anything else better? Better location, bigger office, windows, AC, cool people, etc?
                  The location is basically across the street and one block down. It is a mid-size firm, about 40 people. The one I work for now if five people in total. This is probably the reason for the better pay scale. Windows...I totally feel the need for those. I worked at a place once that didnt have any window...it felt like hell. Both the place that I work for now, and this other firm have a descent amout of windows. Cool people- probably more likely. In need to get my resume and portfolio in order....probably so.

I appreciate all the comments, I am finding them very constructive.
                  Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

Originally posted by thesightless
                    god.................... you need to talk to E, and get tickets to my lecture.

ALWAYS TAKE THE MONEY.

jeez. GOSH.
                    and you need business 101...... if you EVER want to be successful... stop trying to be successful... you'll never do it..... just do what your heart desires cause you fucking wanna do it just to see that you can do it better than its ever been done.... people care when you give a shit.... not when you give a shit about what you get back....
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                    Originally posted by ace_dl
                    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• dtgunslinger
                      Addiction started
                      • Nov 2004

Just go. If anyone gives you crap about it laugh in thier face and never speak to them again.
                      Not living my life to see if I get into heaven or hell, just how long I'll have to spend in purgatory.

Comment

Working...