X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2eq
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

THE RED X SOLUTION...if you can't see pics on [ms]

theres no need to take off the Privacy Control, plus that is a security issue...

if u folow the http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds/mai...o/dcforum1.htm that swedetech posted then u will have a good idea what do do...

if u have a more up-to-date version of nortons, like myself, go to options> ppersonal firewall> web content (tab)> add site> [type www.mercuryserver.com] and then highlight it...

then permit the following on the global settings...

info about permited sites
    animated images
    scripts
    flash animation

and permit the following on the user settings...

cookies.

This should now make everything work fine.

I would NEVER take the Privacy Control off, not a good idea.

Oh and yes... Nortons is shit, i'm taking it off as soon as i can!
    sweet in winter, sweet in rain...
    shake well before use she said
    you never touch me anymore this way.
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: THE RED X SOLUTION... (for me at least)

Originally posted by 2eq
    Nortons is shit!
    Absolutely Oprah!
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• 2eq
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

Re:: THE RED X SOLUTION...if you can't see pics on [ms]

ohh how exciting, my 1st sticky!
      sweet in winter, sweet in rain...
      shake well before use she said
      you never touch me anymore this way.

Comment

• TomTom
        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
        • May 2002

Thanks for the info. :wink: I still don't get why the site suddenly needed extra permission or came this with a Norton Update? I had Privacy control disabled ever since so I don't know.

Comment

• MJDub
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Well it started happening when we switched to [ms] 3.0 no?

Something that went on during the transfer must've really pissed off Mr. Norton.
          http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• TomTom
            Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
            • May 2002

Yeah seems so. If you guys use Norton Internet Security 2004 you can make it this way:

Open the firewall. Click on Privacy control and choose "Configure" to the right. In the next menu choose "Advanced" and in the next window click on "Add site" on the bottom left. Enter www.mercuyserver.com in the upcoming text box. When this site is highlighted in the window to the left you can permit animated graphics and other options to the right. Make sure you override the basic settings and set the options to "Permit".

Comment

• MJ
              Here since 2002
              • Jun 2004

I only ogt one or two red crosses so i`ll give it a go and see what happens. Cheers mate
              mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• swedetech
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

sweet!

Thank Google! was about to install Norton myself to see if that was gonna work!
                ---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• davetlv
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Thanks to all you guys who helped with this - its great seeing the site in all its glory, and man, now that there are no red x's it sure looks great!

Comment

• GorseyBoy
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Jun 2004

Thanks for the help, was starting to pull my hair out those red X'x were driving me mad!

Comment

• rms1k
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

i don't get it, but what ever this is my first post here, siunce the migration,, I gave it all a rest for a few weeks becuase of all the turmoil goin on back and forth with the server and losin all theinfo, signing up again and again, i was lettin the dust settle before i came back
                      Gotta keep on keepin' on
                      slsk username rms3k
                      message me to be put on my list, all ms peeps welcome

Comment

• thezzapper
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

thanks 2eq! i have zonealarm, but with your suggestions, i went to privacy, site list, & checked private header in zonealarm configurations & those red X's are gone!

much appreciated... :-)
                        sigpic

Comment

• FASSTEDDIE
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

Thaxs Mr Norton had do something to me also but after resetting like you said Icanseethepagesagain
                          Enjoy Life as you only Live Once So enjoy it :WinkNSmile:

Comment

• master of puppets
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

I think that I don't have that problem, or I hope so.
                            DIODE NOISE GENERATOR

slsk: bass_warrior

Comment

Working...