Sven Vath - Coming Home

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Sven Vath - Coming Home

RA News: Sven Väth is Coming Home

Boards Of Canada, Nils Frahm and James Holden all appear on Väth's "quiet listening compilation."

Sven Väth has mixed a compilation for Stereo Deluxe's Coming Home series.

Previous editions of Coming Home have been overseen by Nightmares On Wax, DJ Hell, Jazzanova and Nouvelle Vague. In keeping with the theme of the series, the 14-track selection explores the kind of music Väth listens to at home. "My influences have always been diverse and unpredictable," says Väth in a Facebook post. "And that is unmistakably the case on this quiet listening compilation."

Väth's selections include a number of synth explorers (James Holden, Boards of Canada, Oneohtrix Point Never), breakthrough artists from the past couple of years (Nils Frahm, Axel Boman) and some underground house favourites (Horror Inc., Portable).

"I actually intended to present only my current fave songs—without any particular dramaturgy," he says. "But even so, there's a musical arc of suspense to what came together in the end." Coming Home is currently available for preorder at iTunes. It'll also be released on CD.

For some more insight into Väth's decades-long career, check his recent Exchange with RA editor Ryan Keeling below:

Tracklist
    01. Arve Henriksen - Poverty And It's Opposite
    02. Horror Inc. - Crépuscule
    03. Recondite - Leafs
    04. Boards Of Canada - Cold Earth
    05. Axel Boman - Fantastic Piano
    06. Oneohtrix Point Never - Americans
    07. Holden - Some Respite
    08. Portable - Making Holes
    09. Popnoname - Ann
    10. CocoRosie - Tears For Animals
    11. Origin - Lizzy
    12. Donni Sò - La Pagliarella (Ulrich Schnauss Remix)
    13. Food - Becalmed
    14. Nils Frahm - Says

Stereo Deluxe will release Coming Home on June 27th, 2014.
    Label: Stereo Deluxe
    Quite looking forward to this.
      Posting comments is disabled.
    Working...