• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • progressive420
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

UGGGH Digital Downloads of LIVE IN Series

I just need to vent a little.....
    I guess its not the end of the world becuase I own all of and prefer the physical CD copies of John Digweed's Live In Series. But recently I decided it would be a good idea to also buy some of the digital mp3 versions on Amazon. I had some gift cards etc and like to play long sets off of a USB drive. I also knew there was some issue with missing tracks on Last Night at Output on Apple music.
    But now I am realize almost all of the Live In digital versions are missing a couple or more tracks...HOW FUCKING ANNOYING IS THAT!!!!!???????
    I mean why the hell chop the man's sets all to hell, I hate that shit. Now I know I have one more reason to buy physical media over digital versions. I have a huge library of downloaded live sets from here on [ms] that are perfectly good recordings and not missing tracks, however when it comes to a commerical release they fuck you on it! Glad I own the physical copies but really would have liked to have that back up of having a digital copy but its not even the same thing. Anyways, just pissed off and don't like them pulling that shit on an artist's work. Screws us all over.
    Last edited by progressive420; 2 weeks ago.
    "Always........Dancing in My Mind"
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Why don’t you just rip the CDs?
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• progressive420
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Ive ripped all my cds but they never play off of a USB drive without putting a gap in between tracks, so its not continuous like listening to the actual cd. Mostly ripped to be able to make a copy and archive.

I really just was pissed off that on digital copies they leave tracks out of the mix and its chopped up. The only true way to get the actual full release is to buy the physical copies, which are hard to come by or are expensive, if you dont get them at release time.

Comment

• chunky
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by progressive420
        Ive ripped all my cds but they never play off of a USB drive without putting a gap in between tracks, so its not continuous like listening to the actual cd. Mostly ripped to be able to make a copy and archive.

I really just was pissed off that on digital copies they leave tracks out of the mix and its chopped up. The only true way to get the actual full release is to buy the physical copies, which are hard to come by or are expensive, if you dont get them at release time.
        You should have ripped them using iTunes (or whatever it is called now) There is a join tracks function when you insert the cd.
        Originally posted by res0nat0r
        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• chuckc
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by progressive420

Somebody from MS told me about this a LONG time ago, but this program works well for extracting files in FLAC format from your cds without any gaps whatsoever....maybe give it a shot. https://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
          called exact audio copy

Comment

• sbando
            Going back to Romford
            • Apr 2008

^EAC is the way to go, you don't need to configure it to rip cds without errors but if you have the time it can be made to extract audio in secure mode, all it takes is a little learning curve.

PS: you download flac from here https://xiph.org/flac/download.html
            ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
            ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
            ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
            ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• progressive420
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Excellent, this changes things. Thank you, Im going to give EAC a try. Can it also rip to WAV file?

update....
              Dumb question, I see it rips to WAV.

Comment

• GregWhelan
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

My laptop doesnt have a CD drive, would I need to buy a separate CD drive to use exact audio copy etc?

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                  My laptop doesnt have a CD drive, would I need to buy a separate CD drive to use exact audio copy etc?
                  I just bought a DVD Burner for my PC.
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  Originally posted by ace_dl
                  Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

Working...