• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • progressive420
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

NEW Global Underground 45 Brooklyn DANNY TENAGLIA

DANNY-COVER-LARGER-TEXT-FROM-PDF-WEB.jpg

OUT NOW - The third and final instalment in the GU DT trilogy that’s taken Danny Tenaglia around the world to Athens, London and now back to his home town of Brooklyn.

Havent kept up with him recently, last cd of his I bought was Balance, very techno heavy.
    His other GUs were tops so I am tempted to pick this one up.
    Hoping its more like GU London then his Balance cd
    "Always........Dancing in My Mind"
  • Denied51
    Platinum Poster
    • Dec 2016

Re: NEW Global Underground 45 Brooklyn DANNY TENAGLIA

i dont like his Balance comp.

Comment

• progressive420
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

I didnt really like it either, a bit too much techno and not enough of his usual variety. I dont like alot of the balance comps, although Fortier's is really good and I like the Nick Warren Soundgarden one from 2019.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

good news for us old fogeys
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

I have only seen him once , bitterly disappointed. Pappa wiped the floor with him that night.
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Nov 2013

Danny, hasn’t put out a decent cd since his BackToBasics ones over 20 years ago. His Futurisum and Balance CDs were awful. I doubt that this will be any better. I don’t know why people get the idea that because he did a great mix for GU 25 years ago he will suddenly have a return to form. He did a great Essential Mix in 1994, people waited 25 years for another, which was terrible. Danny, had a sound back then, that sound is long gone.

Comment

• zoobrzl
              Getting Somewhere
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
              Danny, hasn’t put out a decent cd since his BackToBasics ones over 20 years ago. His Futurisum and Balance CDs were awful. I doubt that this will be any better. I don’t know why people get the idea that because he did a great mix for GU 25 years ago he will suddenly have a return to form. He did a great Essential Mix in 1994, people waited 25 years for another, which was terrible. Danny, had a sound back then, that sound is long gone.
              Hmm agree to disagree because Tenaglia's sound has been always ''HARD N SOUL'' - from the disco of the 70s and 80s to the classic deep house from New York, from his Tribal America days to his more ''europian'' phase with progressive house and even trancey sounds..from his electro and minimal phase to more tech house and techno (btw Tenaglia always played techno,if somebody thinks that his techno obssession is something new or as of late is totally wrong). That being said i hated FUTURISM when it came out in 2008.. it was too minimalistic and onesided. But i listenend the compilation recently and it actually stood the test of times. His track selection is absolutely second to none no matter what the genre is. i liked the Balance compilation and i think with GU Brooklyn we will have something similar..

Comment

• progressive420
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Im interested because the tracklisting looks more like something I would expect from him. His strength was always no matter what genres he played, they all sounded like his sound. He made it all work together, like GU London or Back to Basics. I dont necessarily expect or need this to sound like 20 years ago but I would like to see more of his variety then the Balance cd offered. Techno wasnt the problem, just lack of his usual variety. That being said, GU is kinda marketing as a direct successor to his previous GU mixes, albiet 20 years later.

Comment

Working...