X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

audioslave tour...check 'em out if they hit your town

got to catch audioslave on saturday night...was a bit skeptical about going, as i'm not as big a fan of them as I am of soundgarden. the show definitely turned me around...fantastic from start to finish. hearing their material live brought a whole new appreciation...and the best part? They fucking played both soundgarden AND rage against the machine tunes on top of playing most of their own material.

After about an hour of their own stuff, a screen came down with the cover art from badmotorfinger on it, causing the crowd to pretty much lose it. Cornell ripped into "rusty cage", then "spoonman", after which the screen changed to a ratm album cover...and bam..."bulls on parade", "testify", and "sleep now under fire".

After many more audioslave songs, they came back and played an *eight* song encore that included "killing in the name" (to which everyone was chanting), an acoustic version of both "black hole sun" and "blow up the outside world" done solo by cornell, and wrapping it up with a few more audioslave tunes.

If you never got a chance to see either soundgarden or rage, dont miss their show, you'll get to hear a few oldies.
  • remoh
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: audioslave tour...check 'em out if they hit your town

nice ..i love rage and old soundgarden
    [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
    |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• stencil_cp
      Addiction started
      • Aug 2005

sounds frickin' sweet... i saw soundgarden and rage separately, and might have pegged audioslave as a cool show, but i wouldn't have expected much throwback material to make it's way into a set...

might have to check that out

Comment

• day_for_night
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

this sure got off the main page fast. bump

Comment

• Civic_Zen
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

I saw them at Lalapalooza right after their first album. AWesome awesome show, Audioslave and Queens of the Stonage were the best bands there. This was the year where Janes Addiction regrouped for one last tour, but they couldn't top either.
          "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
          "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
          - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• rewing3
            I really don't care
            • Jun 2004

Sounds cool. I have always been a fan of rage and soundgarden. But I really don't like audioslave at all. I don't know what it is but I just don't like them.
            Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rewing3
              Sounds cool. I have always been a fan of rage and soundgarden. But I really don't like audioslave at all. I don't know what it is but I just don't like them.
              I'm pretty much exactly the opposite. I loved Temple of the Dog, then Soundgarden was better. Audioslave tops them all, Cornell's song writing and lyrical range have developed a lot, and I think he's better now then ever. I loved rage too, but the best talent from that band is definetely there in the Audioslave tracks. Morello doesn't get as much spot light, but when he does its better then anything rage. Just my 24 cents.
              "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
              "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
              - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...