X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evangelion
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

mp3 burning question

Ok, so I finally got a head unit that can play mp3s. I use Nero for all my buring needs, but it chops off half of my track names and won't let me enter a "Artist name" or "Title name" for CD-Text. So.....what programs do you guys use to burn your mp3s onto disc?? I'm looking for one that has full CD-Text function, cause the display on this unit is one of those OELs, and it looks cool as shit with the track name, album name, ect. scolling across it.
  • asdf_admin
    i use to be important
    • Jun 2004

Re: mp3 burning question

right click ... sent to "dvd drive" ... burn as data.

i do not need silly programs. o. your deck may be limited to the amount of info it reads back. yes. it is true.
    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• evangelion
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Ya know, I wondered if you could do it like that. It makes sense because it is not like a regualr audio CD, mp3s on a disc are mp3s on a disc, whether it is burned as a "mp3 CD" or a data disc. I'll try it out.

Comment

• asdf_admin
        i use to be important
        • Jun 2004

yes.
        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• picklemonkey
          Double hoodie beer monster
          • Jun 2004

I use Nero... I just make sure I have the artist name at the front of the set so I know who I'm listening to. if I need to know what set it is I can eject it when it finishes

Comment

• influx
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

mp3 discs and data discs are not exactly the same. while a mp3 disc is a type of data disc... there is extra information and files burned on a mp3 disc that makes everything play properly. also.. CD-TEXT is for audio discs, i think you may be referring to ID3 tags if you're burning mp3 CDs. if the tag is getting cut-off, it's most likely because the tag is an ID3v1 tag and not ID3v2. ID3v1 tags don't allow for much text to be put in them which usually results in text getting cut-off, so i usually remove them and make a v2 if there already isn't one. for burning i use roxio or nero.. either one has never given me a problem.
            i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
            www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• evangelion
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

How do you make a v2 tag, as opposed to v1??

And when you use Nero, does it make you go through Nero SmartStart to make an mp3 disc?? I couldn't find a way to make one in the main prgram, and everything I found onlne said to go through SmartStart, but it only lets you make like a 10 charcter name. All of my muisc files are labeled: artist name - album name - track number - song name...so 10 characters just ain't cuttin' it.

Comment

• influx
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

^^^ i usually edit tags with winamp as i'm listening to them. just right click on the song in the playlist editor and go to "view file info". winamp shows you both v1 and v2 ID3 info, in which you can choose to save both v1 and v2 or any combination thereof. i would recomend roxio for burning.. i pretty much only use that now.. as it's super easy to use and i've never had a problem with it... ever..
                i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

Working...