where should the americans invade next!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: where should the americans invade next!!

Originally posted by bart_smastard
    if some-one had told you about that clip, you wouldn't have believed them . Please some-one defend this clip and say the accents were from "middle america" hicksville and such like .and that ppl living in cities ain't as dumb.
    see if you can find a show called "talking to americans"...it was done by a canadian political satirist named Rick Mercer (one funny bastard). He goes to places like washingtong dc, where you'd hope to god the average intelligence would be higher than the general publics, but alas...

Answers is the place to go to get the answers you need and to ask the questions you want

check it out. stunning.

Comment

• stencil_cp
      Addiction started
      • Aug 2005

the US has political weight that, saddly, has been stumbling through international affairs for a long time. it's to the point where footage of stupid americans is marketable to the international community, and collected and distrubuted as just that. have a laugh, but don't mistake clips like these as being representative of the general public.

Comment

• bart_smastard
        Gold Gabber
        • May 2005

To be honnest i'm not all too interested in yank bashing . It seems the rest of the world is out to ridicule them. "bush snr apart" their last 5 presidents have seemed like half wits , but i put that down to people not realy trusting smart guys .A face you can trust seems to be worth it's weight in gold in america . We have a vry intelligent prime minister in england .. but i wouldn't buy a car of him .. too smarmy .. looks like he's always after an advantage . So because we see yanks with a thick fucker in charge we assume they are stupid too . We depend on americans to invent and create things which means they must have more intelligent people than any other single country. Their insular nature does mean they can be ridiculed on geographical and polical matters .. but this insular nature does breed a sense of national identity and pride . Something we have been missing in england "BIG TIME"

Comment

• darktribal
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Everyone is that video is an absolute idiot, but anyone who thinks that the majority of Americans are like that isn't much better. You are going to find people that ignorant in any country you go to and it's not that hard to put together a little video like that. I'm not denying the fact that a lot of people in this country have little common sense and could probably use a geography lesson, but you have to also be realistic at some point. Just my 2 cents.
          For if you do it right you'll find the moment never ends. -phish

Comment

• 3d_1200
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

what did you expect? have you paid attention to US record sales recently? do you see whats topping the charts? if it doesn't bling or wear see thru bras, we just don't give a fuck about it.

but to be fair, you know if they came across anyone with any intelligence they edited their answers out in favor of those shown on the video. it's like a michael moore movie, edited to shit to prove a point, true or not.
            http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• rewing3
              I really don't care
              • Jun 2004

So much for peace. I feel ashamed to live in this country with a bunch of dumbass rednecks.
              Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• fletcher
                Platinum Poster
                • Jul 2005

jesus thats just wrong.

and they keep saying the UK schools are failing!!
                http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• daveman
                  I love the colors!!!
                  • Jul 2005

it seems like it is starting already but the US should invade the internet. i can just picture bush saying "some very bad things going on over there."

the internet is a perfect target. it is even more of a metaphysical war than the war on terrorism. terrorism has no real location so it gives freedom to pull wars out of your ass.

but thats the problem you are still dealing with the real world which requires more people, supplies, and therefore more money. these expenses take away from the money making machine that a war can really be. thats why the internet is the perfect target. all you need is a room full of alpha-geeks staring into a screen while you filter all the money into your respected war profiteering bank accounts in the camen islands.
                  once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• cwsiggy
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

I didn't realize there was a vid witht he origianl post. Man, people are dumb. I weep for the future.
                    The djs took pills to stay awake and play for seven days......

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Pointing to effin' Australia: "Man I didn't know South Korea was so much bigger than North Korea!"

Prolly not representative, or maybe it is: in other countries it's not that much better, I've seen the same thing happen on TV here...people not even knowing where our own country is. I would like to know if this is true on the opinions as well though...seems to me a large portion of the US people still advocate invading Iran atm??
                      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• bart_smastard
                        Gold Gabber
                        • May 2005

To invade Iran would only help create terrorists . better to engineer a situation where isreal nukes them for us.. Just my two penneth on the situation

Comment

• threehills
                          I heart Lollergirl
                          • Jun 2005

Personally, I am ashamed to have a monkey like Bush as our representative to the world. They did some breakdowns of the voting for the last election and it was drastically split by IQ. The majority of people with high IQ's voted Kerry, while the low IQ's voted Bush.
                          It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• nicomax
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Agressive ignorance... what a dangerous coctail... I'm scared
                            Nicomax

Comment

• FM
                              Wooooooo!
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by threehills
                              Personally, I am ashamed to have a monkey like Bush as our representative to the world. They did some breakdowns of the voting for the last election and it was drastically split by IQ. The majority of people with high IQ's voted Kerry, while the low IQ's voted Bush.
                              never underestimate the value of human stupidity...
                              FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                              "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                              Facebook!
                              A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• superdave
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

Probably a bunch of Bush voters in that video.
                                That video was hilarious and proves that there are stupid people all over my country. It reminds me of Jay Walking on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Leno said that sometimes people thought he edited out the smart people, but he couldn't find any at times.

In reality, there are lots of smart people here too. We're not all stupid.
                                Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Working...