• Show
Clear All
  • shosh
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

"God told me to invade Iraq"

BBC Press Release:

God told me to invade Iraq, Bush tells Palestinian ministers

This press release is embargoed until 2230 hours on Thursday 6 October. Before that time it is only available through the link which you have been sent.

President George W. Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Abu Mazen was at the same meeting and recounts how President Bush told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

The series charts the attempts to bring peace to the Middle East, from Bill Clinton's peace talks in 1999/2000 to Israel's withdrawal from Gaza last August.

Norma Percy, series producer of The 50 Years War - 1998 returns, with producers Mark Anderson and Dan Edge, to tell the inside story of another seven years of crisis.

Presidents and Prime Ministers, their generals and ministers tell what happened behind closed doors as peace talks failed and the intifada exploded.

Israel and the Arabs: Elusive Peace - Mondays 10, 17 and 24 October, from 9.00 to 10.00pm on BBC TWO.
    Last edited by shosh; October 6, 2005, 09:33:02 PM.
  • mixu
    Travel Guru Extraordinaire
    • Jun 2004

Re: "God told me to invade Iraq"

Think it, don't say it... we'll all benefit.
    Ask me a question...

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

If God really tells him to do so, God is a major buttfuck. But it's not God doing that, it's just the arrogant prick himself prostituting the to many people most important entity in their life to defend his own little scheme. This is an insult to any sincere and peaceful Christian person around.

I'm a non-believer btw...
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

troubling, but not surprising. this isn't the first time Bush has alluded to him basically being on a mission from god or his actions being divinely inspired.

Comment

• Kobe
          I wish I had an interesting User title
          • Jun 2004

IF this is true, he is as bad as the fanatics he calls the enemy.
          Beats are my crack.

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Seriously, doesn't God have anything better to do than to have a chat with George W. Bush?

Comment

• In-SighT
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Why didn't they tell the BBC this story right after it happened in 2003... either way I think its pure bullshit. "W" is stupid as hell but not that stupid to say that God told him to do this shite... If you can provide me with any evidence other than some Palestinians who are pissed as hell because we are sideing with the Israels, then I might think about believing it.
              "A man has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer."

Want Spoon'n music?
              Check out my downtempo mixes
              http://ryanlinneman.podOmatic.com

Comment

• Yao
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Like Toasty said...it isn't the first time Bush said something like that dude. He never really made a secret out of it either, it has even been on the news here across the pond.
                Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• dig72
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Nov 2004

Recent years have proven that the claims made against GB by the BBC aren't that farfetched, when you take into account that he himself, is a crackpot leading a US government who are full of crazy, phycopathic nutjobs.

Just look at what's going on with US foreign policy and it's own domestic issues, it's unbelievably disturbing and also very very sad.

What use to be the beacon of world society has now become the beacon of world pity.
                  Last edited by dig72; October 9, 2005, 07:03:33 AM.
                  “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
                  Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• mixu
                    Travel Guru Extraordinaire
                    • Jun 2004

Now the White House denies everything...

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Interesting to see how much the BBC shows tonight.
                    Ask me a question...

Comment

• neoee
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Weizy
                        MCast Resident DJ
                        • Jun 2004

why can't Bush just stop adding to his rep of being a total dumbass. speaks volumes about our country for re-electing him

Comment

• cosmo
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

This is not true, at all. What a complete distortion of reality. BBC ought to be ashamed, as always. An anti-american rag of a news organisation.

Pathetic.

Comment

Working...